It's over, good riddance!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was as big a Romo fan as anyone else, but he's gone to the land of Danny White. So long, good luck and don't let the door hit you in the butt.
Sorry if I offended anybody, just the way I feel. GO DAK!!!

bleedin' blue

Reaction score
As classy a QB as any that have played the game... I wish him nothing but the best... Would still root for him in a championship as long as Dak isn't on the other sideline ;)

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I was as big a Romo fan as anyone else, but he's gone to the land of Danny White. So long, good luck and don't let the door hit you in the butt.
Sounds like you are as big as any Commanders or Giants fan anyway.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Obviously from your post - you were not as big a Romo fan as anyone else!

Just saying.....

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously from your post - you were not as big a Romo fan as anyone else!

Just saying.....
You are probably right. I tried to stick up for him through the years. Now, I don't have to anymore. I really would have loved to see him retire a Cowboy.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
So, I suppose youre gonna root for Romos new team. More power to you, I only root for the Cowboys.

I will wish the best for Tony Romo as long as he is not lined up across from Dallas. It is easy to appreciate what a player has done for the Dallas Cowboys while still rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. Let me show you.....

Example #1 - "I hope Tony Romo does great for his next team as long as he is not lined up across from the Dallas Cowboys".
Example #2 - "I want Dallas to win the Superbowl this year. If they fall short again, it sure would be great if Tony Romo's team won because of all the years he was quarterback for this team"
Example #2 - "Wow, Dak made an awesome play! How lucky is this franchise to have had Dak Prescott and Tony Romo back to back?"

There you go. Now you too can be a fan of the franchise for the current year and all years prior. You're welcome.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will wish the best for Tony Romo as long as he is not lined up across from Dallas. It is easy to appreciate what a player has done for the Dallas Cowboys while still rooting for the Dallas Cowboys. Let me show you.....

Example #1 - "I hope Tony Romo does great for his next team as long as he is not lined up across from the Dallas Cowboys".
Example #2 - "I want Dallas to win the Superbowl this year. If they fall short again, it sure would be great if Tony Romo's team won because of all the years he was quarterback for this team"
Example #2 - "Wow, Dak made an awesome play! How lucky is this franchise to have had Dak Prescott and Tony Romo back to back?"

There you go. Now you too can be a fan of the franchise for the current year and all years prior. You're welcome.
Thanks for tips. I really appreciate a fan like you. You're the best. Personally, if he couldn't win it for us, I just assume he doesn't win it for anyone else. That's just me. I appreciate your loyalty, though.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey coach....better duck!:laugh:
No ****! Lol, hey I appreciate Romo, but as a coach, I've benched many players, that's the nature of the beast. I've never allowed one of those players to go and play for another team. He should be our backup next year. An insurance policy for Dak. If he truly cared about the Cowboys he would do just that. He needs to read "the man on the bench". Oh well, I see it differently than most fans.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No ****! Lol, hey I appreciate Romo, but as a coach, I've benched many players, that's the nature of the beast. I've never allowed one of those players to go and play for another team. He should be our backup next year. An insurance policy for Dak. If he truly cared about the Cowboys he would do just that. He needs to read "the man on the bench". Oh well, I see it differently than most fans.
Hey, to be fair, I suspect as a coach you let there be fair competition for a position. In this case, they have agreed that there will not be.
It changes the dynamic.

Plus in pro sports, I don't know many hard-core competitors that think they can win and start, that would be happy to sit and watch and not have say in the matter with actual play on the field.

And also, we are not sure at his lofty price, Dallas even wanted to keep him as a backup long term.
If not this year, then next year he was getting cut. So only 1-3 years left in your playing career and almost 100% for sure you will told to ride the bench one of them (if they keep you), then get cut. (next year his cap and salary were huge...worse still the next year).

Also doesn't look good when the backup makes 10x the starter.

He did carry himself professionally last year, imo.

Like you say...adios. Time to turn the page.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, to be fair, I suspect as a coach you let there be fair competition for a position. In this case, they have agreed that there will not be.
It changes the dynamic.

Plus in pro sports, I don't know many hard-core competitors that think they can win and start be happy to sit and watch and not have say in the matter with actual play on the field.

And also, we are not sure at his lofty price, Dallas even wanted to keep him as a backup long term.
If not this year, then next year he was getting cut. So only 1-3 years left in your playing career and almost 100% for sure you will told to ride the bench one of them (if they keep you), then get cut. (next year his cap and salary were huge...worse still the next year).

Also doesn't look good when the backup makes 10x the starter.

He did carry himself professionally last year, imo.

Like you say...adios. Time to turn the page.
You are right, my friend. Pro ball is a totally different animal. He deserves a chance to compete. Apparently, we weren't going to give him that.
I stand corrected. Salud!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why don't I really believe you when you say you were as big a Romo fan as anybody else? Can't quite put my finger on it...
The key word is "was". Lol
I really don't get attached to players, I'm more of a team guy.
I appreciate what Tony did for us, but I sure as heck don't wish he goes somewhere else and wins a SB. If he retires a Cowboy I'll keep my Romo jerseys, all three of them. I'll keep,them along side my numerous Cowboy items, most of the autographed personally not store or Internet bought. My fandom is not to be questioned. LOL

Last edited: