It's refreshing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
...to be able to visit this site and not have to wade through all the Romo sucks posts. I as well as many others have believed in Romo since he first became a Cowboy. The moxie he showed from day one and in his first preseason game when he ignored Parcells play at the end zone and called a QB sneak which resulted in a TD was amazing. We knew that all he needed was a team built from the trenches out. He just needed a good offensive line with a power running game and the offense would be unstoppable. The haters just focused on his turnovers in crunch time of some games. They were not knowledgable enough to realize those turnovers were a result of Romo having to win games single handedly. Those haters of course have been quieted or they have disappeared. So refreshing.

chagus

Reaction score
Totally agree. Its ALSO a great feeling when all the haters HAVE to admit that your Pro-Romo stance has been right all along. Even better feeling: converted haters! "Thats mah quarterback!"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...to be able to visit this site and not have to wade through all the Romo sucks posts. I as well as many others have believed in Romo since he first became a Cowboy. The moxie he showed from day one and in his first preseason game when he ignored Parcells play at the end zone and called a QB sneak which resulted in a TD was amazing. We knew that all he needed was a team built from the trenches out. He just needed a good offensive line with a power running game and the offense would be unstoppable. The haters just focused on his turnovers in crunch time of some games. They were not knowledgable enough to realize those turnovers were a result of Romo having to win games single handedly. Those haters of course have been quieted or they have disappeared. So refreshing.
Ever watch the National Geographic Channel? Or programs showing lions stalking their prey in the tall grass until the optimal moment to pounce?

Well, that's the current situation with Romo's critics right now. They haven't gone anywhere. They're waiting for an opportunity to strike like Jim Carrey in a scene from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Wait-and-see. It will be predictably unscary when it eventually happens.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree. Its ALSO a great feeling when all the haters HAVE to admit that your Pro-Romo stance has been right all along. Even better feeling: converted haters! "Thats mah quarterback!"
lol @ the word "all."

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

Romo sucks.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Wait until he throws a couple more game-ending INTs or we miss the playoffs. It doesn't matter if it's his fault or not. Fans didn't stomach it from Aikman down the stretch either, not even after 3 Super Bowls. ;) We demand perfection; anything less is somebody's fault, and the coach and QB are usually the first on the hit list.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
And yet with all the refreshing atmosphere one might feel, some still have to comment on the situation instead of just allowing it to go away.

I don't believe I will never understand women or people who get their feelings hurt over Romo.

MagicMan

Reaction score
What's with all the gloating here......it is called the "offseason" for a reason. Anyone who criticizes a numbskull play by ANY Cowboy, whether it's Murray, Dez or yes, even the almighty one---Romo, is NOT a hater. I am pro-Cowboy at the Cowboys Zone......not Romo Zone. Sometimes its best to not be poking a stick at a hornets nest, if you know what I mean.

To me what is refreshing on this forum was not "haters" of Romo being ignorant or cowards as you like to describe them......but everyone seeing that the FO is on the same page and pulling in the same direction finally. Making smart choices and building a "TEAM". Romo is a beneficiary of all of that just as the other members of the team.

gmoney112

Reaction score
And yet with all the refreshing atmosphere one might feel, some still have to comment on the situation instead of just allowing it to go away.

I don't believe I will never understand women or people who get their feelings hurt over Romo.

So the 200 posts you made hating on Romo are cool, but one post saying you guys were indeed completely incorrect is bad.

Got it.

Also, the complete irony from the anti-romo crowd makes me giddy.

I vote we have at least one Romo appreciation thread every week. It'd still be dwarfed by the amount of nonsensical "replace romo at all costs" threads that this forum was subjected to pretty much on a daily basis.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So the 200 posts you made hating on Romo are cool, but one post saying you guys were indeed completely incorrect is bad.

Got it.

Also, the complete irony from the anti-romo crowd makes me giddy.

I vote we have at least one Romo appreciation thread every week. It'd still be dwarfed by the amount of nonsensical "replace romo at all costs" threads that this forum was subjected to pretty much on a daily basis.

If what you claim was accurate I might agree. But I don't make anti-romo posts and never have. I can't help the fact there are fans here who don't have a discerning enough intellect to see the difference between the Romo sucks comments and the Romo cannot carry the entire load of this team position.

And as this past season illustrated, limiting Romo's passing, and more importantly limiting the pass game by introducing the beat down with the run game, which took the onus off Romo and caused the defenses to focus on a more balanced offense instead of one guy seems to be exactly what I spoke about for a long time.

And exactly what the doctor ordered.

But let's not allow facts to muddy the waters of your point. It's easier to hate on free thinkers than to actually understand their position.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, I must be weird. I've been posting on these things for 15 years and I can't recall a single time where I got upset about any message another poster was sending on the team.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is refreshing. And it's disingenuous as all heck to pretend that the turdballs that get squeezed out by unhappy posters after a disappointing season were simply attempts at valid criticism. I think we all like the legitimate debate on any Cowboys topic.

But that's clearly not what OP is referring to. There's generally so much misdirected hate on an NFL sports message board in any given offseason it gets in the way of actual discussion. It derails threads, degenerates the handful of really good topics into rehashes of the same tired emotional reactions, and generally makes both the football season and the time spent on the board a lot less enjoyable. For something that's supposed to be a diversion and a pastime.

12-4 does fill that emotional need that some posters absolutely have. It really shouldn't, given how fleeting success can be in the NFL, but I agree that it's refreshing to not have any reason to have to listen to it day after day. It's also amusing to watch people backtrack like crazy over their previous opinions. We've all been here long enough, though. We all know who's said what and why and who's been mostly-right and who's been mostly-wrong on all the hot topics from recent seasons. There's no point hiding from a post history.

chagus

Reaction score
[qubad="DallasEast, post: 6056752, member: 1630"]lol @ the word "all."[/quote]

My bad. "Most".