News: ITS: Should the Cowboys Consider Re-signing CB Anthony Brown?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I would like to have him back at a decent price.

IMO he is solid and the type of players you need to fill out your roster and get some meaningful minutes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Initially I would’ve said no. But he seems like a potential candidate to come at a bargain. He could also become a candidate to become overpaid too. For the right price I’m down.

Carson

Reaction score
Initially I would’ve said no. But he seems like a potential candidate to come at a bargain. He could also become a candidate to become overpaid too. For the right price I’m down.

This.

Im not overpaying a 4th corner on the roster. I’d love for us to sign a vet as the #1 corner and retain Brown.

Starters - Vet, Chido, Lewis
Depth - Brown, (Goodwin, Westry, Rookie) as the 5th

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This.

Im not overpaying a 4th corner on the roster. I’d love for us to sign a vet as the #1 corner and retain Brown.

Starters - Vet, Chido, Lewis
Depth - Brown, (Goodwin, Westry, Rookie) as the 5th
Yeah I’m not re-signing him to be a a high paid backup. That would be a big mistake. You can draft his replacement if that’s the case.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If we can get him at a descent price then yeah because Jones will be gone. We will draft a CB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes absolutely If the price is right.

Especially if Byron leaves. Brown can start. He can also play inside on the nickel.

if the cowboys re-sign Brown. It leave them with Brown, Awuzie, Jourdan and hopefully a draft pick from anywhere in round 1-3. That would be good if they also get some upgraded play at safety.

Creeper

Reaction score
Of course it depends on how much money it will take to sign him. But Brown is the best slot corner they have. They can live with Brown, Lewis and Awuzie at CB if they fix the problem at DT. I'd love to sign everybody, but with the CAP being what it is, they need to have priorities. Signing Brown reduces the need for a top CB in the draft - assuming Jones goes. That allows them to focus on DT where help is really needed.

But this is why I posed the question, as have others, about Amari Cooper. Paying him $19 million a year is going to force the Cowboys to let someone else go. We're talking about Byron Jones and possibly Brown. If Jones goes they must sign Brown. If they both leave then CB becomes a really high priority, possibly at the expense of DT.

Carson

Reaction score
Of course it depends on how much money it will take to sign him. But Brown is the best slot corner they have. They can live with Brown, Lewis and Awuzie at CB if they fix the problem at DT. I'd love to sign everybody, but with the CAP being what it is, they need to have priorities. Signing Brown reduces the need for a top CB in the draft - assuming Jones goes. That allows them to focus on DT where help is really needed.

But this is why I posed the question, as have others, about Amari Cooper. Paying him $19 million a year is going to force the Cowboys to let someone else go. We're talking about Byron Jones and possibly Brown. If Jones goes they must sign Brown. If they both leave then CB becomes a really high priority, possibly at the expense of DT.

Brown is not going to cost much. You give him a one year deal, 4-5 million should do it. Coming off injury he’s not going to cost that much

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've always thought he was pretty decent and underrated by most. I wouldn't be surprised if someone made him a better offer than we want to pay.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's been a good CB, especially when working in the slot.

For a reasonable price, he'd be worthy of consideration.

I do believe the Dallas FO would welcome him back!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dallas should re-sign Brown. He's experienced and will be a lot cheaper than Byron Jones.

But the Cowboys should still target a corner in the draft.

I prefer bringing back Jones, but if Dallas chooses not to, then I think bringing back Brown or bringing in someone his caliber in FA is necessary. We don't want to go into the draft knowing that we have to take a corner because we would need at least a nickel corner.

Carson

Reaction score
I prefer bringing back Jones, but if Dallas chooses not to, then I think bringing back Brown or bringing in someone his caliber in FA is necessary. We don't want to go into the draft knowing that we have to take a corner because we would need at least a nickel corner.

Id be happy signing Brown and a decent CB like Prince Amukamara. Not going to cost 15 million a year and is experienced.

Gives you a solid 1-4 and let the rookie CB develop

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Resigning Brown is up to the coaching staff. I hate it when fans think their opinion matters.

It’s a message board. No one here thinks their opinion actually holds merit with the front office. It’s a discussion about what other posters think about Brown/what they would like to see done.

If you are that put off with that concept, why even be on a message board?