It's slow.. This will be fun..

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
So let's pretend like you are an old, old grandpa.. You are sitting with your two young grandsons, telling them of days gone by.. You start to tell them about the great Dallas Cowboys players of the past.. If you had a magical video tape that had ONE game recorded on this tape from all your favorite Cowboys, what ONE game from each of them would you choose? ONE game to show your grandsons to share with them the greatness of each player.. I'm gonna list a bunch of Cowboys, and you tell me what ONE game from each of them you would choose to show your grandsons.. Choose as many or as few of these Cowboys as you'd like..

Emmitt Smith
Roger Staubach
Roy Williams
Michael Irvin
Bob Lilly
Deion Sanders
Randy White
Tony Dorsett
Troy Aikman
Larry Allen
Drew Pearson
Bob Hayes
Jay Novacek
Daryl Johnston
Darren Woodson

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Emmitts seperated Shoulder game.

Or Our last superbowl vs the steelers with Larry Allen just obliterating Greg Lloyd.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith - probably that Giants game where he separated his shoulder (was that the one?)
Roger Staubach - i have never seen him play
Roy Williams - the Philly game probably
Michael Irvin - i saw him play, but i was too young to care
Bob Lilly - see staubach
Deion Sanders - see irvin
Randy White - see staubach
Tony Dorsett - see staubach
Troy Aikman - probably that loss to San Francisco (1994?)
Larry Allen - lol dunno
Drew Pearson - see staubach
Bob Hayes - see staubach
Jay Novacek - see staubach/irvin
Daryl Johnston - see staubach/irvin
Darren Woodson - didn't really watch seriously when he was there, except for 2002 and 2003 (?).

Senny

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith - against the Giants in '93 when he hurt his shoulder badly and kept playing. I think that's his defining game.

Troy Aikman - first super bowl against the Bills. He put on a clinic.

Tony Dorsett- i guess when he ran that 99 yard TD.

Roger Staubach - when he came in for Morton in the divisional playoffs against the 49ers and threw 2 td's with less than 2 minutes left to win the game.

Drew Pearson - i was going to give this to staubach first, but i think the other one is better for staubach. Pearson would be the HAIL MARY catch agains the Vikings.

Michael Irvin - caught 12 catches for 192 yards against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game in '94. Even though it was a loss, Irvin had maybe his best game ever.

Roy Williams - when he picked off McNabb last year on MNF to win the game in an unbelievable comeback.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EMMITTnROY said:
Me.

Brainpaint, Dragon, thanks for taking part in my dream..

Wait till you get the bill for my Fee.

Dream turns into Nightmare.

Welcome to my Nightmare - Alice Cooper.

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith- definitely vs Giants when he hurt his shoulder
Roger Staubach- not sure too young to know, but I would guess any of his comebacks
Roy Williams- Detroit or Arizona game when he broke Emmitt up
Michael Irvin- 1st Washington game of 99, I think when it went into OT
Bob Lilly- too young once again
Deion Sanders- Monday night game at Giants Stadium
Randy White- no particular game stands out to me
Tony Dorsett- Gotta go with the Monday night game against Vikings (99 yard TD)
Troy Aikman- 1st Super Bowl
Larry Allen- don't know, maybe one of those muddy San Fran NFC Championship games
Drew Pearson- Hail Mary game
Bob Hayes- too young
Jay Novacek- which ever game it was when he hurdled that guy
Daryl Johnston- Don't know, I guess the one with the most crushing blocks
Darren Woodson- another don't know

superpunk

Reaction score
Everyone's gonna say Emmitt's shoulder game - but for me, it was the monday nighter against the Vikings. They were saying he was done, and he came out and rocked the house for Payton.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
you could also answer the question by naming the one PLAY instead of one game.. that was my original idea..

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Ceasaleo88 said:
Roy Williams- Detroit or Arizona game when he broke Emmitt up
:confused:

for me, the Roy game I would show would be the Monday night game against the Commanders when he killed Coles, knocking him five yards backwards, and when he killed Gardner on the sideline, not letting him get out of bounds and saving the game..

superpunk said:
Everyone's gonna say Emmitt's shoulder game - but for me, it was the monday nighter against the Vikings. They were saying he was done, and he came out and rocked the house for Payton.
yeah, that was awesome.. he was unstoppable that night.. i still think he would have broken the single game record if he hadn't broken his hand.. he still holds the record for fastest consecutive TDs scored by one player (and maybe one team even?) because of that game.. and the second one he scored WITH a broken hand!

superpunk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
you could also answer the question by naming the one PLAY instead of one game.. that was my original idea..

ORLY???

Guy who has no idea what he's talking about said:
If you had a magical video tape that had ONE game recorded .......ONE game from each of them would you choose? ONE game to....ONE game from each of them .

Trip

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
So let's pretend like you are an old, old grandpa.. You are sitting with your two young grandsons, telling them of days gone by.. You start to tell them about the great Dallas Cowboys players of the past.. If you had a magical video tape that had ONE game recorded on this tape from all your favorite Cowboys, what ONE game from each of them would you choose? ONE game to show your grandsons to share with them the greatness of each player.. I'm gonna list a bunch of Cowboys, and you tell me what ONE game from each of them you would choose to show your grandsons.. Choose as many or as few of these Cowboys as you'd like..

Emmitt Smith
Roger Staubach
Roy Williams
Michael Irvin
Bob Lilly
Deion Sanders
Randy White
Tony Dorsett
Troy Aikman
Larry Allen
Drew Pearson
Bob Hayes
Jay Novacek
Daryl Johnston
Darren Woodson

Emmitt - probably the Giants separated shoulder game, but that EWagles game (I think on Thanksgiving ) where he rushed for 200+ was awesome too.

Roger - Definitely his last regular season game vs. skins.

Roy - We haven't seen it yet.

Irvin - Cardinals game where he made catch after catch deep down the field.

Lilly - never saw live only tapes.

Deion - Giants game on Monday night where he went off.

RWhite - Superbowl XII vs. Denver

Dorsett - Superbowl XIII vs Pitt. It wasn't his best game but he made some unbelievable cuts in that game to break free.

Aikman - first SB vs Buffalo

Allen - who knows, I'd pick any one the many where John Madden raved about him over and over.

Pearson - there was a Giants game, I believe in 1979 where Pearson had 3 TD', and sprained his ankle during a TD celebration. Also the hail mary game, obviously.

Hayes - only saw on recording.

novacek - Don't emember any stellar games, just a dependable guy. Maybe that Indi game where he took a fake field goal up the middle for a TD. I think he caught a TD pass in that one, too.

Moose - I'd show the press conference where Aikman said "we will NEVER feature the Moose" and then a highlight reel of Moose's crushing blocks. .

Woodson - the 95 yard int return vs. Eagles

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
superpunk said:
haha.. i mean, in my HEAD, it was my original idea.. when I wrote it, I decided to put "game" cause I thought that it might be easier.. but when I first thought of it, I was thinking what one "play"..

don't ever try to correct me again.. :)

Colo

Rocky Mountain High
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:

Emmitt had this one awesome run where it looked like he was going down several times and then ended up taking it long. I think it was against Atlanta. I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that was one of the most awesome runs Emmitt ever had.

superpunk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
haha.. i mean, in my HEAD, it was my original idea.. when I wrote it, I decided to put "game" cause I thought that it might be easier.. but when I first thought of it, I was thinking what one "play"..

don't ever try to correct me again.. :)

Consider yourself 0wn3d!!!!!eleventy-one!!1111!!!

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Colo said:
Emmitt had this one awesome run where it looked like he was going down several times and then ended up taking it long. I think it was against Atlanta. I don't remember exactly, but I do remember that was one of the most awesome runs Emmitt ever had.
yeah, it was an Atlanta Monday night game.. he went outside, back inside, break a couple tackles, looked like he was down, then popped it back to the outside and beat Deion to the end zone.. freaking awesome play..

Keep it up guys.. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's thoughts..

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
For Larry Allen, it would be the Monday night New Orleans game when Darrion Conner intercepted Troy's pass and was streaking down the sideline. Here comes Larry, running like a freakin RB and runs down Conner from behind. Dan Dierdorf (sp?) who was helpin announce the game went ape doo-doo over Allen on that play.

For Troy, it would have to be the NFC Championship game that Dallas lost when Switzer was the coach. We got behind early and Troy had to play catch-up all day. Emmitt was pretty much taken out of the equation and Troy threw all day long. He really showed what he could do in that game because we threw, threw, threw. It was a gutsy perfomance by Aikman who was hit a lot that day and yet still almost brought us back to win the game. It'd be 4 super bowls in a row had he managed to win that one.

For Emmitt, I think it would be the wet, rainy game in Philly where he rushed for like 230 yards that day. The field at the old Vet was very slippery and everyone else was sliding all over the place. Emmitt though, has always been a "mudder" and he would just cut at will. All the defenders would slide down as soon as he made his cut, but not Emmitt... his low center of gravity helped him stay upright and he ran Philly into submission that day.

For Irvin... I'm not sure. A lot of good games but none truly stand out to me above the others. Maybe super bowl 27... But to show my grandkids what kind of player Irvin was, I'd like them to see in 91 when he came back from his knee injury and a year away from the game he loved... I'd have the grandkids see Michael's first day at Training camp after his injury. He walked out on the field, knelt down and kissed the field... and meant it. He missed the game that much and he was just that happy to get back to playing his passion. He never looked back after that and was one of the dominating WR's in football for nearly a decade. What heart that guy had.

That's all I have time for now... gotta work.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
For Emmitt, I think it would be the wet, rainy game in Philly where he rushed for like 230 yards that day. The field at the old Vet was very slippery and everyone else was sliding all over the place. Emmitt though, has always been a "mudder" and he would just cut at will. All the defenders would slide down as soon as he made his cut, but not Emmitt... his low center of gravity helped him stay upright and he ran Philly into submission that day.

loved that game..........emmitt really trounced those punk eagles in their own house on halloween night.