It's time for TO to step up

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Yes TO is griping again about not getting the ball. News Flash for you TO..........you have gotten the ball thrown to you more than anyone in the league.

1. TO is not able to get seperation from the guys covering him. Result: we are forcing balls into him and they are either incompletions or INT's

2. TO no longer picks up many yards after the catch. Result: when he does get the ball, he gets tackled within a yard or two and it makes it look like he isn't getting any yards. This was not the old TO, he used to pick up YAC on his own.

3. We throw it to him over and over to ensure he gets his catches. Result: the offense looks unbalanced and the defense targets him and dares us to beat them another way.

4. We finally get a route where he gets open enough to get him the ball and beats the double coverage. Result: TO DROPS THE DARN BALL :bang2:

Anyone who watches this team consistently has to see that we are trying TOO HARD to get him the ball. If you aren't successful this year TO, look in the mirror

Eddie

Reaction score
TO has the body of a 17 year old and can play at an HOF level until he's 57.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He did. Like he always does. Thru a lens. Into your home. Swell.

Seven

Reaction score
Eddie;2434460 said:
TO has the body of a 17 year old and can play at an HOF level until he's 57.

Don't you threaten me, young man!! :)

STSINAZ

Reaction score
The Stats Prove Out,,its His Worst Season Ever And Its His Fault! No One Else's....he Cant Catch For One Thing, He Cant Get Separation For Another....he Is Almost Done...two Years Max

Seven

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2434476 said:
The Stats Prove Out,,its His Worst Season Ever And Its His Fault! No One Else's....he Cant Catch For One Thing, He Cant Get Separation For Another....he Is Almost Done...two Years Max

What folks don't realize is............#81 knows all this. Hence the "out of the blue" interview.................He's like a 3 year old who has to tell "his" version of the story. Truth or otherwise.

Must. Look fantastic. At all costs.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think if anything we need to focus on getting everyone else the ball and he will stop being double covered. The key to getting him the ball is to stop trying imho. The problem is that he couldn't live through it without a meltdown. But the more we stop trying to more I think he will open up. Now as for actually catching the ball..............

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
This one is not over yet. 6 games left for him to get back on track. The best could be yet to come. And down the stretch is when we need it most. Lets not forget that the last 4 games we haven't had a down field threat at QB either. He's been literally taking what he can get. And to be honest, I'm just happy through those 4 games that he's even gotten what he's gotten.

But fine, let the world think TO has lost a step- I got my popcorn ready and I'm waiting for december when this team needs it the most.

FLCowboyFan

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2434491 said:
This one is not over yet. 6 games left for him to get back on track. The best could be yet to come. And down the stretch is when we need it most. Lets not forget that the last 4 games we haven't had a down field threat at QB either. He's been literally taking what he can get. And to be honest, I'm just happy through those 4 games that he's even gotten what he's gotten.

But fine, let the world think TO has lost a step- I got my popcorn ready and I'm waiting for december when this team needs it the most.

I hope you are right. I just hate people who blame everyone else for their problems. He needs to keep working and turn it around and stop blaming others.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Let's do whatever it takes to get the ball in Roy Williams' hands.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Honestly, i've never been a fan of the "player". And now bring up all this crap after a heart felt win in DC? Gimmie a friggin break. This guy will never get it. Do i root for him as a cowboy? yes. Do I like him as a person. no way. Just catch the ball, do your job, and shut up. If we had a team full of Marion Barbers, we would be unstopable.
:bang2:

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
I agree with everyones replies.
I honestly think if we can't get to him when we just start in the game then we shouldn't focus on that.
We have to try to focus on our run game and on our other receivers that can get open.
TO is getting stopped by CB's that aren't even his size
Honestly i've seen romo tried to throw to TO when he's not open and that is when he usually throws an int or an imcompletion.
I think we should't focus our offense all on TO

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always get a kick out of these "TO must step up" threads. Dude has been blanketed by a CB with S help over the top and had awful QB play for three games. I would be shocked if he numbers were not down because of that.

TO was doing great when the season started and once Romo gets completely healthy (ability to throw deep again) his numbers will start to pick up again.

Of all the things wrong with our offense, TO isn't one of them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cwbyfan72;2434505 said:
Honestly, i've never been a fan of the "player". And now bring up all this crap after a heart felt win in DC? Gimmie a friggin break. This guy will never get it. Do i root for him as a cowboy? yes. Do I like him as a person. no way. Just catch the ball, do your job, and shut up. If we had a team full of Marion Barbers, we would be unstopable.
:bang2:
Truthfully, you can root for a group (i.e. team) and not an individual (i.e. player) who belongs to that same group. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Seven

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2434518 said:
I always get a kick out of these "TO must step up" threads. Dude has been blanketed by a CB with S help over the top and had awful QB play for three games. I would be shocked if he numbers were not down because of that.

TO was doing great when the season started and once Romo gets completely healthy (ability to throw deep again) his numbers will start to pick up again.

Of all the things wrong with our offense, TO isn't one of them.

My version of step-up is shut the yap, block, catch, run or whatever else he needs to do to make this team successful. Finger-pointing on national television is not stepping up and accepting your role.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasEast;2434522 said:
Truthfully, you can root for a group (i.e. team) and not an individual (i.e. player) who belongs to that same group. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Yes...you are slowly coming around. It's only a matter of time until your dislike of T.O. becomes null and void!

:bow:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2434476 said:

He had Brad and Brooks throwing to him.
Before that... THE WHOLE TEAM was playing like crap.

Its EVERYONE'S fault.

Starting hitting TO in stride and see if anyone catches him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;2434528 said:
Yes...you are slowly coming around. It's only a matter of time until your dislike of T.O. becomes null and void!

:bow:
Does the phrase, "When hell freezes over" sound familiar? ;)

triplets92

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2434476 said:

of course it's his worse season ever look how this season has gone for alot of the cowboy players. If you ask me no one is playing at the level we thought they would be playing at yet everyone picks on T.O.

Seven

Reaction score
STSINAZ;2434476 said:

Can't agree with this one bit. Jerry Rice wouldn't have any "stats" to speak of with the group we trotted out on Sunday's. I don't have a problem with his declining numbers. One would expect that. Now, why the hell can't #81 expect that? Accept. Your. Role. Whatever that entails.