Ivan is heading strait for us!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Ok all,

We just moved down here to Florida a few months ago close to Pensacola FL. Now the national hurricane center is projecting it directly at us :eek:

I really hope the cowboys win today because it may be the best day for the next few. Wish us luck!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan said:
Ok all,

We just moved down here to Florida a few months ago close to Pensacola FL. Now the national hurricane center is projecting it directly at us :eek:

I really hope the cowboys win today because it may be the best day for the next few. Wish us luck!

Stay safe and go Cowboys

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan said:
Ok all,

I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay safe.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Good luck man. I pretty much got a direct hit with Charley....about 25 miles from my house is where the eye came through, and then we got a ton of rain from Frances. I don't know how well this area would take another one, and we were the center of the storm track for a while.

We'll be praying that the Hurricane slows down and fizzles before hitting shore. The winds on this sucker are unbelievable. If you can, find a generator now, they won't be available after the storm. Get some gas tanks filled, make sure you propane for the grill. Depending on the area you live, you could be without power for a few days or even several weeks.

Wimbo

Reaction score
I was born and raised in Pensacola. Great place to live... except hurricane season. My extended family is still there. Good luck!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Around here in Kansas, this is called "tornado alley" so we are used to keeping an eye on the weather. Take care of yourself and others in the next few days.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
May no harm befall you, Floridians! And that goes for your antennae, cable, and satellite dishes too.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Ok, we got the plywood, screws to get them in the brick and lots of water and food. There are zero generators left and the plywood I found was from 20 miles away at home depot which is now also out. We did get a coleman latern that uses propane, and a propane grill. But its going to be really hot without electricity.

Gatorgirl

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
May no harm befall you, Floridians! And that goes for your antennae, cable, and satellite dishes too.

Thanks LTN! I don't think we're gonna get much from this one here at the north central west coast--rain and a little wind. (Did that "north central west coast" make sense? LOL)

Those in the panhandle...prepare and stay safe. There are STILL people around here flooded and without electricity.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
Ditto, especially the former.

Sarge, I wonder how many "stay safe" messages we'll get when we get our first snow storm that dumps 8 feet of snow on us?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan said:
Ok, we got the plywood, screws to get them in the brick and lots of water and food. There are zero generators left and the plywood I found was from 20 miles away at home depot which is now also out. We did get a coleman latern that uses propane, and a propane grill. But its going to be really hot without electricity.

FLCowboyfan, I hope you consider going to a shelter or leaving Florida. Unless you live in a concrete house, if Ivan flirts with the same Category 5 winds it has been, the only housing that can withstand it is in Miami with their tougher building codes. :( Older housing is only built to withstand 90mph and the newer codes after Hurricane Andrew I think bumped new housing up to 120-130 mphs. Still not enough for a Category 5. Right now, it looks like the hurricane eye is centered on Tallahassee more than it is on Pensacola. Maybe the governor and state legislature will lose their houses and realize that they need to strengthen the building codes in a state that is in hurricane alley. I feel for you bro. I just went through Charley and Frances where I live. Keep safe! :)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Sarge, I wonder how many "stay safe" messages we'll get when we get our first snow storm that dumps 8 feet of snow on us?

Probably noneteen.