I've been a Cowboys fan since 1977 but this off the field crap

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Just like any group of people out there, most are good but some aren't. Your job, your family, your friends, your favorite actors and musicians, sports teams. Unless you want to completely disassociate with everything and everyone, some people will eventually let you down and you just have to take that as part of it. Few bad apples, but the most are doing good things, so don't get to down.

DFWJC

Reaction score
My guess is that if we had the same social media in the 90's we'd see it was worse.

Orgies, coke and reefer everywhere with no real testing. Even so e drug dealing and smuggling.

Then again, if they had present-day threat of exposure, maybe they would've dialed it back.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
is getting out of control. It was pretty bad in the 90's but for whatever reason this seems worse. Maybe I'm just getting older and have less tolerance I don't know. Sick and tired of this BS. So many of these guys just don't get it.
I think we put up with it a lot more back then because we were winning SBs. Also the internet wasn't around yet .

Wood

Reaction score
is getting out of control. It was pretty bad in the 90's but for whatever reason this seems worse. Maybe I'm just getting older and have less tolerance I don't know. Sick and tired of this BS. So many of these guys just don't get it.

I am right with you. Some days I wonder why I follow something so toxic. No other part of my life resembles following this team but its been hard wired at this point.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
My guess is that if we had the same social media in the 90's we'd see it was worse.

Orgies, coke and reefer everywhere with no real testing. Even so e drug dealing and smuggling.

Then again, if they had present-day threat of exposure, maybe they would've dialed it back.

Nothing wrong with a sweaty orgy every so often. :)

flosho

Reaction score
It only seems worse because the media is filled with snowflakes and everyone, everywhere wants to be offended or is looking for the spot light. It doesn't help that today's rookies are making multi-millions per year and are just barely adults while being treated like rock stars. That's a lot of responsibility to hold and with the way the media attacks and showcases every minute of these stars' lives there is bound to be "off the field" stuff.

Now, that being said.. PED use, DUI, etc are all STUPID mistakes that should not happen at all. That's different than a bar fight or general rabble-rousing...

plasticman

Reaction score
It's the same as it has always been, the available information amd the speed in thiaxh we now recieve it, that's the real change.

Those 70's teams were no boy scout camp. Hellywood Henderson omce gave Too Tall Jonss a birthday gift, a blond, brunette, and redhead prostitutes.

WR Lanxe Alwaorth exposed himself to 12 year old girls.

Rafael Septiem upped the anti, sexually assauled a ten year old girl.

Harvey Martin was arrested three times in five months for domeatic violence. His excuse was that he was on crack.

The internet and a the media's complete purge of ethical standards had made these iasuea seem more frequent.

haleyrules

Reaction score
It's the same as it has always been, the available information amd the speed in thiaxh we now recieve it, that's the real change.

Those 70's teams were no boy scout camp. Hellywood Henderson omce gave Too Tall Jonss a birthday gift, a blond, brunette, and redhead prostitutes.

Harvey Martin was arrested three times in five months for domeatic violence. His excuse was that he was on crack.

The internet and a the media's complete purge of ethical standards had made these iasuea seem more frequent.
Yeah, and those are examples of the things the media knew about!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a sweaty orgy every so often. :)
th

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

That wasn't Lace Alworth. It was Lance Renzel. They get confused sometimes because they had the same first name and wore the same number (19).

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It's most certainly not worse.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Lance Rentzel.