I've got some big problems with this win and some thumbs up

TheNatureBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Thumbs Up -
Roy Williams looks awesome this season - he's everywhere and he's making plays - 2 games - 2 picks - big hits etc - love the kid.

Greg Ellis - looks reborn - looked intimidating tonite

The OL - for the most part kept Drew upright and opened holes for JJ and Marion

Problems -
Penalties and Parcells - WAY WAY too many idiotic penalties! when does Bill drop the hammer! There must be consequences for being stupid.

Julius is a fumbler

Witten looks unsure of his role and has dropped a few

Bledsoe still locks in on one target way too much

The Short passing game is non existent

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
fumbler? julius? has one fumble in like forever and you want to call him a fumbler? wow sometimes the kid just cant win:bang2:

NickZepp

Reaction score
I don't blame JJ too much on the fumble. He could have held that ball with both hands. But Sean Taylor made the play there.

Short passing game could be better. But the WRs dropped a few. Witten dropped a few. It's still early in the season so the execution was off.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Julius's fumble was more a fact he was stripped while he bracing himself when he went down instead of crashing into the turf on his head, where he would have been injured then the JuJo doubters calling him injury prone. It was a good Play by ST.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Cowboystar17 said:
fumbler? julius? has one fumble in like forever and you want to call him a fumbler? wow sometimes the kid just cant win:bang2:
Took the words out of my mouth!

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
That was just a great strip by Shawna Taylor, I wouldnt label JJ as a fumbler. The short passing game was fine it was the intermediate passing game that had alot of trouble. The balls were slick tonight therefore probably contributing to a few extra drops, I think Witten will be just fine...

TheNatureBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Well JJ has put it on the turf on the past and at ND - I like him but he makes me nervous.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Taylor made the play on JJ...a greatplay infact.

The short game (or check down game was there) . #80 kept drives going in the first half. Witten and the FB drop a ton of of the dump offs...barber as well actually.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think the drops and fumble might have had something to do with a wet field. It did look like it was raining in pregame. That said, we fumbled we looked bad, we had plenty of penalties, but we won by 17.....

NickZepp

Reaction score
I remember a couple screens dropped by Barber. He may have caught a couple but I don't remember him catching that many.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
ok well these stats are almost accurate on 491 carries inclucding tonight JJ has 6 fumbles lost

kenai

Reaction score
I'd worry more about 9 dropped passes rather than Julius Jones's single snafu. Actually, there were 10 dropped balls. Thank god one was that near-intereception.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Julius is a fumbler

Honestly I can't remember the last fumble before this one. It has been that long.

He did drop a few, though I don't think he looks uncertain. He is a tight-end that catches passes - he has been that for several years now.

Heh, some people are complaining that they pass short too much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheNatureBoy said:
Thumbs Up -
Roy Williams looks awesome this season - he's everywhere and he's making plays - 2 games - 2 picks - big hits etc - love the kid.

Greg Ellis - looks reborn - looked intimidating tonite

The OL - for the most part kept Drew upright and opened holes for JJ and Marion

Problems -
Penalties and Parcells - WAY WAY too many idiotic penalties! when does Bill drop the hammer! There must be consequences for being stupid.

Julius is a fumbler

Bledsoe still locks in on one target way too much

491 career carries and 6 fumbles lost in his 3 year career.

That's 1 fumble every 81+ carries.

Translation...yeah right. :rolleyes:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I agree with this a lil bit. On two of his catches tonite, he catches the ball and hesitates for a split second before running up the field. It's like he's surprised he caught the ball. I'm screaming at the TV, turn and run up the freaking field witten!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
They mentioned that it had rained before the game. Might the ball have been slick? The drops stopped as the game went on...as the field may have drained off a bit maybe?

just a thought..great win though...

pretty or ugly, a win over the Commanders is a win and that's all that matters

CowboyL0c0:star:

TheNatureBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Okay well maybe I'm over the top on that but he has dropped passes as well - which I guess I put with the fumbling.

As I said I like JJ , for some reason he makes me nervous when he goes head on - and I think Parcells agrees, because he uses Barber on the Goaline.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheNatureBoy said:
Okay well maybe I'm over the top on that but he has dropped passes as well - which I guess I put with the fumbling.

As I said I like JJ , for some reason he makes me nervous when he goes head on - and I think Parcells agrees, because he uses Barber on the Goaline.
Coaches have used RBs in different situations for years.

Ever heard of Preston Pearson, Chris Warren, or Herschel Walker. All RBs that had roles to play on this team where they were not the featured RB. No RB plays 100% of the downs his team plays. That's just nonsense.