I've had enough of......

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Tiger Woods and his attitude towards fans and camera people alike.

Isn't this the same guy whose father said that his concentration was soooo intesnse that you could fire off a shotgun behind him and it wouldn't faze him?

The guy is so worried about what is going on around him that it is ridiculous.

His caddy kicking the guys camera while it was at his face.....the guy was talking pictures, like most people do, during his warmup swings....big deal.

Whining about the clubs that others are using....trying to say that they are illegal and then having one of the other golfers get upset about it and call him on it to have his tested.....you haven't heard too much about it since.

Chasing Nicklaus.....harder than he thought.

AceofSpades

Reaction score
Tigers Woods is the most overrated athlete of all-time (not that golfers are even athletes). He had a few good years and now hes nothing.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
AceofSpades said:
Tigers Woods is the most overrated athlete of all-time (not that golfers are even athletes). He had a few good years and now hes nothing.

You've obviously never golfed. :rolleyes:

Although I, personally, don't consider golfers to be "athletes" in the manner that baseball players, football players, etc are athletes, they certainly have a great amount of skill that needs to be honed. To say that he had a few good years and now he's nothing pretty much shows your ignorance on the subject. It may be your opinion, but it's certainly not one shared by anyone on the PGA tour.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
It appears to me that he had so much early success that he never learned to cope with the not being the greatest thing since sliced bread in his arena. I think that most of the people he got paired with lost a couple strokes just because of his mystique and the hoopla surrounding him.

I didn't see where the caddy kicked the guy with the camera ... that would have been the last time he kicked anyone had he pulled that crap with me. One camera right up the wazoo. :eek:

Jimz31 said:
Tiger Woods and his attitude towards fans and camera people alike ...

... The guy is so worried about what is going on around him that it is ridiculous ...

His caddy kicking the guys camera while it was at his face.....the guy was talking pictures, like most people do, during his warmup swings....big deal.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
It appears to me that he had so much early success that he never learned to cope with the not being the greatest thing since sliced bread in his arena. I think that most of the people he got paired with lost a couple strokes just because of his mystique and the hoopla surrounding him.

I didn't see where the caddy kicked the guy with the camera ... that would have been the last time he kicked anyone had he pulled that crap with me. One camera right up the wazoo. :eek:

Yep, kicked the camera while the guy had it up to his face. On a different hole, he went and ttok a camera from a guy.

I would have gone ballistic on him as well.

Reaction score
Jimz23, AceofSpades, and Reef-"E"

I like how the "Reef-E" thinks. But what were you two thinking? I've made a few comments as they apply to your respective comments ...

Jimz31 said:
Tiger Woods and his attitude towards fans and camera people alike.

I do'nt know, you may be right about his whack (some people might call it eccentric attitude). But you're mixing up something that TW's caddy did! TW's caddy is responsible for his own actions and should be diciplined accordingly. I'm sure TW did not sanction nor condone the caddy's assault on the camerperson; nor did TW give instructions for the AB incident!

[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by AceofSpades...Tigers Woods is the most overrated athlete of all-time (not that golfers are even athletes). He had a few good years and now hes nothing.[/QUOTE]

This is where I tend to disagree with everyone. Golf was a sport when Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer were in their prime -- why has it become something else today? The answer is that it is just as much a sport today as ever! True, it does Not carry the same intensity as some of the other "contact" sports, but you still have to prepare a strategy, and you have to compete against others. Dayam, in some instances, it may be just a grueling as any other sport (e.g., high winds, rainy conditions, etc).

[/QUOTE]His caddy kicking the guys camera while it was at his face.....the guy was talking pictures, like most people do, during his warmup swings....big deal.[/QUOTE]

I agree! The caddy should be fired, or some other consequence. But not because he was TW's caddy! Any caddy that did something like that should be reprimanded.

[/QUOTE]Chasing Nicklaus.....harder than he thought.[/QUOTE]

This comment is beyond thought! IMO, TW is not chasing Nicklaus. No one can take away JN's name in fame. One reason is because golfing has changed through the years (e.g., the distance between Holes, clubs, drives,
how far the ball can be hit, golf balls, etc). But I believe the statement meant that TW's underestimated what it would take to be as successful as JN. Perhaps, but what's the point? Does this mentality suggest that TW is unworthy to pursue success despite the level of difficulty -- or does raise JN up on a pedestal. Look, records are broken every day, whether you like the person (for what ever reason) or not!

Am I a TW fan? not really -- but I enjoy watching TW just as much I enjoy any other golf player.

Am I a golf fan? No, but I recognize it as a sporting activity.

Listen, you don't have to like the person that plays the sport, you don't evev have to like the person that wins the game. So back off of TW. Trust me, the golf game has come a very long way to clean up its reputation!

So, FOREEEEEE!

AceofSpades

Reaction score
Reef Engineer said:
You've obviously never golfed. :rolleyes:

Although I, personally, don't consider golfers to be "athletes" in the manner that baseball players, football players, etc are athletes, they certainly have a great amount of skill that needs to be honed. To say that he had a few good years and now he's nothing pretty much shows your ignorance on the subject. It may be your opinion, but it's certainly not one shared by anyone on the PGA tour.

Well maybe calling him "nothing" was a little too much, but the way people talk about how great and how dominant he is makes it seem like he never loses and he is totally dominating the sport. Which obviously isnt happening.

ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
This is where I tend to disagree with everyone. Golf was a sport when Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer were in their prime -- why has it become something else today?

Golf is a sport like Darts is a sport.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the real problem with Tiger's game is...and this is just my opinion, every since he got engaged married or whatever, his mind has been on a different hole.

Rude

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
the real problem with Tiger's game is...and this is just my opinion, every since he got engaged married or whatever, his mind has been on a different hole.

lol :D true, but I cant blame him ;)

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Jimz23, AceofSpades, and Reef-"E"

I like how the "Reef-E" thinks. But what were you two thinking? I've made a few comments as they apply to your respective comments ...

I do'nt know, you may be right about his whack (some people might call it eccentric attitude). But you're mixing up something that TW's caddy did! TW's caddy is responsible for his own actions and should be diciplined accordingly. I'm sure TW did not sanction nor condone the caddy's assault on the camerperson; nor did TW give instructions for the AB incident!

Originally Posted by AceofSpades...Tigers Woods is the most overrated athlete of all-time (not that golfers are even athletes). He had a few good years and now hes nothing.

This is where I tend to disagree with everyone. Golf was a sport when Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer were in their prime -- why has it become something else today? The answer is that it is just as much a sport today as ever! True, it does Not carry the same intensity as some of the other "contact" sports, but you still have to prepare a strategy, and you have to compete against others. Dayam, in some instances, it may be just a grueling as any other sport (e.g., high winds, rainy conditions, etc).

I agree! The caddy should be fired, or some other consequence. But not because he was TW's caddy! Any caddy that did something like that should be reprimanded.

Chasing Nicklaus.....harder than he thought.

This comment is beyond thought! IMO, TW is not chasing Nicklaus. No one can take away JN's name in fame. One reason is because golfing has changed through the years (e.g., the distance between Holes, clubs, drives,
how far the ball can be hit, golf balls, etc). But I believe the statement meant that TW's underestimated what it would take to be as successful as JN. Perhaps, but what's the point? Does this mentality suggest that TW is unworthy to pursue success despite the level of difficulty -- or does raise JN up on a pedestal. Look, records are broken every day, whether you like the person (for what ever reason) or not!

Am I a TW fan? not really -- but I enjoy watching TW just as much I enjoy any other golf player.

Am I a golf fan? No, but I recognize it as a sporting activity.

Listen, you don't have to like the person that plays the sport, you don't evev have to like the person that wins the game. So back off of TW. Trust me, the golf game has come a very long way to clean up its reputation!

So, FOREEEEEE!

Do you HONESTLY think that TW didn't condone his caddy doing this? They made eye contact BEFORE his caddy went and did it.

Sure, NOW TW comes out and apologizes for what the caddy did, but it wasn't a true apology as he tried to explain why he did it.

And let's not talk about what he has said to the fans that are around him when he's having a bad day.....he pretty much takes it out on them.

There's ALOT more to TW than you even know.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:

Can't really say he made a bad decision there.
lg4.jpg

I've played golf. It's plenty fun. But...