Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hello McFly!!!!

http://www.courierpostonline.com/news/southjersey/m053005i.htm

E-A-G-L-E-S! Carwash to correct moti​

Trott's Spot patrons endured Commanders' colors for 2 years

It upsets me when businesses send mixed messages to their customers.

I mean, if a place is called a strip mall, why do they act all offended if a shopper shows up naked?

And while you're running from police after that innocent mistake, just try to find a swing set at an office park.

That's why I'm pleased a Cherry Hill business is moving, however slowly, to right a longtime wrong.

It's Trott's Spot, a Haddonfield Road carwash that gets vehicles looking great but has struggled with its own image problems.

The business is owned by Jeremiah Trotter, a popular linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles. So you'd think any decor decision would be easy: Just cover the place in Iggle green and white.

Instead, patrons for two years have endured a burgundy-and-gold motif - the colors of the Washington Commanders, a despised division rival.

That thumb in the eye, soon to be removed, has not gone unnoticed, allows Trotter's partner, Victor Thomas.

"Every now and then, you're going to hear, `I can't believe you've got the Commanders colors up,' " he says.

But, Thomas contends, the decision made sense once.

He notes Trotter, drafted by the Eagles in 1998, bought the business in 2003 - one year after he had jumped to the Commanders.

"I said to Trott, `You're with Washington now. That's who's paying you,' " Thomas, a Westampton resident, recalls of the design decision.

Well, I'd argue Eagles fans were paying Trotter for carwash services from the top-of-the-line Fumble to the lowly Safety.

And in fairness, Thomas says he and Trotter had mixed emotions about the choice.

So, when Trotter rejoined Philadelphia last year, Thomas promptly replaced a Commanders-themed roadside sign with a green-and-white version.

But efforts to replace the business' burgundy-and-gold canopies were thrown for a loss when the firm realized it had never obtained municipal approvals to put them up in the first place.

That regulatory glitch added $15,000 in legal fees to a project that ultimately cost $35,000, Thomas notes glumly.

New canopies are ready to go up immediately - but they won't. Thomas says he'll wait for the Eagles minicamp to start in late July, when he expects more media attention for the changeover.

He also notes Trotter, a Texan known for his wood-chopping routine after big plays, is promoting a new line of clothing. My favorite is the T-shirt that features a bloody ax and a decapitated player.

"We're really going to promote him as The Axeman," Thomas says of his partner.

Well, maybe. But how does that help the carwash?

I'd urge Trotter to trade in his trademark celebration. In the future, after leveling some opponent, he could pretend to spray the guy with a protective coating of hot wax. Then, just to heighten the humiliation, the cheerleaders could buff the fallen athlete with their pompoms.

Forget the Commanders. That routine just might lessen the stench for those stinkin' Cowboys.