Jackson Powers-Johnson , C, Oregon

CoachD

Reaction score
I know it's early and we all change our picks but tell me that this isn't the guy the the Cowboys pick at 24. The guy has it all, he excels at both run and pass blocking and look how he finishes his blocks this guy is a bully and it's just what the Cowboys need!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Centers usually fall, but I could absolutely see JPJ going top 20 too. He's the best C prospect in a long time.

Looking at the draft history of centers, it looks like the late teens is about the earliest they ever go

• Tyler Linderbaum - #27
  • Cesar Ruiz - #24
  • Frank Ragnow - #20
  • Garrett Bradbury - #18
  • Ryan Kelly - #18
  • Cam Erving - #15 (but it was the Browns)

With that said... I think JPJ looks better than all of them. Ragnow was kind of a big mauler with decent athleticism, Bradbury and Linberbaum were hyper-mobile zone blockers who were a little small, and Ruiz and Kelly were just kind of steady-Eddies. No one's had JPJ's cartoonish size and elite athleticism.

Last edited:

Malhavoc

Reaction score
If they re-sign Tyron, I think they move away from OL in round1. They would jump at the chance of JPJ but there is so much buzz around him I can’t imagine he would fall go us. Murphy or Newton I would love to have.

exciter

Reaction score
Centers usually fall, but I could absolutely see JPJ going top 20 too. He's the best C prospect in a long time.

Looking at the draft history of centers, it looks like the late teens is about the earliest they ever go

• Tyler Linderbaum - #27
  • Cesar Ruiz - #24
  • Frank Ragnow - #20
  • Garrett Bradbury - #18
  • Ryan Kelly - #18
  • Cam Erving - #15 (but it was the Browns)

With that said... I think JPJ looks better than all of them. Ragnow was kind of a big mauler with decent athleticism, Bradbury and Linberbaum were hyper-mobile zone blockers who were a little small, and Ruiz and Kelly were just kind of steady-Eddies. No one's had JPJ's cartoonish size and elite athleticism.
Now, how many went that high in a draft as heavy at the position as this year?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jackson Powers-Johnson is as good as advertised, he is growing on me at 24 a lot.

McMicah

Reaction score
We will see. I want the combine first. Graham Barton was viewed as better until JPJ stopped some dudes at the senior bowl on camera and suddenly he’s way better. 2 months ago Sedrick Van Pran was the best. Now he’s a 3rd rounder. Let the process work itself out. Even if we resign Tyron Id still want some OTs over JPJ based on position value and unique depth in this draft

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Mocks are a bit useless until after the combine.
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Then absolutely he’s a cowboy already buy the jersey in advance. Ignore the 2-3 teams ahead of us who need a center as well! COWBOYS!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Exactly.......for some reason, he's stating it as a fact
It’s fact that there’s 2-3 teams ahead of Dallas that also need a center. It’s fact that Jpj is the best center in draft baring an absolute collapse. It’s simple deduction at this point. Sure, he could drop- crazy things happen sometimes but the percentages right now say he’s gone before 24.

Not really a stretch to say this lol…Jacksonville at 17, Miami at 21, Philly at 22, Pitt @20, Seattle at 16. All teams with a need for center- BEFORE Dallas.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Centers in general fall because it’s the only position other than QB than teams only use one of.

Any team that’s set at the position is out in the early rounds. Most are.

Nice value can be had….