Jackson Powers-Johnson , C, Oregon

Beaker42

Reaction score
If they re-sign Tyron, I think they move away from OL in round1. They would jump at the chance of JPJ but there is so much buzz around him I can’t imagine he would fall go us. Murphy or Newton I would love to have.
I want to see if Bass can play OC

exciter

Reaction score
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Then absolutely he’s a cowboy already buy the jersey in advance. Ignore the 2-3 teams ahead of us who need a center as well! COWBOYS!
Lol! It’s a center heavy draft! I wouldn’t be surprised if we passed on him if he’s there just like the “other teams” who supposedly need a Center!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Centers usually fall, but I could absolutely see JPJ going top 20 too. He's the best C prospect in a long time.

Looking at the draft history of centers, it looks like the late teens is about the earliest they ever go

• Tyler Linderbaum - #27
  • Cesar Ruiz - #24
  • Frank Ragnow - #20
  • Garrett Bradbury - #18
  • Ryan Kelly - #18
  • Cam Erving - #15 (but it was the Browns)

With that said... I think JPJ looks better than all of them. Ragnow was kind of a big mauler with decent athleticism, Bradbury and Linberbaum were hyper-mobile zone blockers who were a little small, and Ruiz and Kelly were just kind of steady-Eddies. No one's had JPJ's cartoonish size and elite athleticism.
The next center up behind JPJ from Georgia would be my fall back plan ,Sedrick Van Pran has the frame to go from 310 to 320 easily.

HanD

Reaction score
The next center up behind JPJ from Georgia would be my fall back plan ,Sedrick Van Pran has the frame to go from 310 to 320 easily.
barton can play center as well. he's rated pretty high also and i'd be cool with him if jpj isn't there and we go center.

tm1119

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but in terms of pure C prospects…Frazier>JPJ.
Obviously JPJ has the ability to play guard at a high level as well, but if you want a plug and plug day 1 starting C that also has pro-bowl potential I’m going with Frazier.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion but in terms of pure C prospects…Frazier>JPJ.
Obviously JPJ has the ability to play guard at a high level as well, but if you want a plug and plug day 1 starting C that also has pro-bowl potential I’m going with Frazier.
Agree, I also don't see JPJ getting past Miami. Frazier will bring the nasty needed to get the run game going finally.

tm1119

Reaction score
Agree, I also don't see JPJ getting past Miami. Frazier will bring the nasty needed to get the run game going finally.
159-2 (both losses as a freshman) with 4 state championships as a heavyweight high school wrestler. Probably sounds dumb and over simplified…but I’ll always take that guy when drafting an interior o-lineman.

That + 47 starts at strictly C and I think Frazier is a safe pick that simultaneously has a very high ceiling

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
159-2 (both losses as a freshman) with 4 state championships as a heavyweight high school wrestler. Probably sounds dumb and over simplified…but I’ll always take that guy when drafting an interior o-lineman.

That + 47 starts at strictly C and I think Frazier is a safe pick that simultaneously has a very high ceiling
Man, I would draft former wrestling studs all day. You can't be a slacker or a diva and make it as a wrestler.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think he’s gone before 24 but absolutely
Maybe, the Ravens center was considered a top 10 overall prospect and dropped to 25. Some on the board wanted him over Tyler. You never know. There are four quality centers in this draft at least. More then likely three will be there at 24 and one will be left at are 2nd pick.

1942willys

Reaction score
Man, I would draft former wrestling studs all day. You can't be a slacker or a diva and make it as a wrestler.
absolutely true; that is one sport you will never make it to the top otherwise
wrestling experience is also great for any lineman
I always want a master of one trade rather than a jack of all when you are looking at a strong starter
for backups that certainly is a consideration but not if you are drafting for a starter above average

cnuball21

Reaction score
absolutely true; that is one sport you will never make it to the top otherwise
wrestling experience is also great for any lineman
I always want a master of one trade rather than a jack of all when you are looking at a strong starter
for backups that certainly is a consideration but not if you are drafting for a starter above average
100% facts…I wrestled for a very short period of time but there’s no way getting around being good unless you’re tough as nails.