Jacques Reeves-DB- Cowboys to visit Texans

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1977066 said:
We had plenty of room to sign him.

there's such a thing as letting the market dictate what his cost should be

we're not necessarily in a rush to re-sign him because he can be improved upon, but I don't think they would mind him coming back to be the 4th corner, he knows the system and plays well on special teams
theogt said:
Good, cause you'd be an idiot.

he's depth, nothing more

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1977060 said:
just tell why there is a demand for him
I think the kid has the skills to be a good 3rd or 4th corner.

Just not yet ..... and since we are trying to win a championship we do not have time to wait.

Like I said before Bob ....... most want him gone so they will not have to listen to Edunce anymore.

Its not fair to a young guy like Reeves ...... but then again we are not the ones who actually decide if he is a Cowboy again next year or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;1977060 said:
just tell why there is a demand for him

Cornerback is the in-demand position in the league right now. Just look at who's getting franchised and who's getting the big bucks. The position is in demand. But interest in Reeves doesn't change the fact that he played poorly for the Cowboys.

Bob Sacamano said:
and you're not arguing?

I'm trying to have an intelligent debate while someone would rather take things to the schoolyard level.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
eduncan22;1977061 said:
Dallas doesn't have the cap room to sign Reeves. :mad:

Bull .... They no longer want him. They think they can do better with a rookie or a Free agent.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1977069 said:
there's such a thing as letting the market dictate what his cost should be
Don't be dumb. There was no chance we were even going to make him an offer.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1977082 said:
Don't be dumb. There was no chance we were even going to make him an offer.

you have no idea of knowing that unless you speak to them

but players are not re-signed, and are allowed to test the market, only to be brought back, all the time

hell, I read some time ago that the Rams wouldn't mind re-signing Bruce at a lower cost after releasing him, which they did, we'll probably see him re-up w/ them at a reduced deal

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1977091 said:

but players are not re-signed, and are allowed to test the market, only to be brought back, all the time

hell, I read some time ago that the Rams wouldn't mind re-signing Bruce at a lower cost after releasing him, which they did, we'll probably see him re-up w/ them at a reduced deal
There was not a single report. Not even a mention of it being a possibility. It was a foregone conclusion that he was gone -- just like Julius. You're really going over the edge here. Just give it up.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;1977091 said:

Reeves hasn't had the same amount of success in the league as Bruce had with the Rams. He also doesn't have the longevity in the league that Bruce has with the Rams. No comparison there.

For the league minimum, Reeves would cost the same as a two rookies. I think we're better off moving on with guys who have more potential...and are cheaper.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1977097 said:
There was not a single report. Not even a mention of it being a possibility. It was a foregone conclusion that he was gone -- just like Julius. You're really going over the edge here. Just give it up.

there was no mention of Asante Samuel re-signing w/ New England either

if you don't get that not all free agents are free agents because their team doesn't want them back, then that's your problem

and Reeves is receiving alot of interest already, so it's not that far-fetched

and notice Julius hasn't received any feelers yet?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1977101 said:
there was no mention of Asante Samuel re-signing w/ New England either

if you don't get that not all free agents are free agents because their team doesn't want them back, then that's your problem

and Reeves is receiving alot of interest already, so it's not that far-fetched

and notice Julius hasn't received any feelers yet?
But of course, cutting Oliver Hoyte couldn't possibly mean they were worried about his injury. It could only mean they think he sucks. Shocking.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
eduncan22;1976875 said:
I hate to see us lose him.

No...you hate to see YOU lose him! If your expectations are that low for a player you are in bad shape! :laugh2:

Face it...lover boy might be gone from the Cowboys, edunce! However, not to worry...their are some other 2nd tier players that you can latch on to...so don't give up the ship.

:rolleyes: