Jaelan Phillips tested positive for COVID, didn’t have medical check last week

Plankton

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...for-covid-didnt-have-medical-check-last-week/

Edge rusher Jaelan Phillips was one of the draft prospects expected to be in Indianapolis for a medical check last week, but he did not wind up getting examined by doctors.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Phillips did not go through the medical process because he tested positive for COVID-19. Assuming all goes well on that front, Phillips is expected to get a physical examination done ahead of the first round of the draft later this month.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...for-covid-didnt-have-medical-check-last-week/

Edge rusher Jaelan Phillips was one of the draft prospects expected to be in Indianapolis for a medical check last week, but he did not wind up getting examined by doctors.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Phillips did not go through the medical process because he tested positive for COVID-19. Assuming all goes well on that front, Phillips is expected to get a physical examination done ahead of the first round of the draft later this month.

Think we could see a drop to 44?

I’ve gotten him there in a few mock drafts.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
To people who want him at 44, I hope yall never crapped on Jerry for taking damaged guys in round 2. I notice alot on here people make fun of Jerry but would do what he does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that'd be AWESOME!!!!!

Patrick Surtain II

CB Alabama

Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

Alim McNeill

DT North Carolina State

Patrick Jones

EDGE Pittsburgh

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Bobby Brown

DT Texas A&M

Shaun Wade

S Ohio State

Jamien Sherwood

S Auburn

Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

Trey Hill

OC Georgia

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

K.J. Britt

LB Auburn

cowboyec

Reaction score

Patrick Surtain II

CB Alabama

Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

Alim McNeill

DT North Carolina State

Patrick Jones

EDGE Pittsburgh

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Bobby Brown

DT Texas A&M

Shaun Wade

S Ohio State

Jamien Sherwood

S Auburn

Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

Trey Hill

OC Georgia

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

K.J. Britt

LB Auburn
good mockin'.
love the tommy doyle pick too.
he's a monster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good mockin'.
love the tommy doyle pick too.
he's a monster.

giphy.gif

tm1119

Reaction score
To people who want him at 44, I hope yall never crapped on Jerry for taking damaged guys in round 2. I notice alot on here people make fun of Jerry but would do what he does.

Jaylon Smith and Randy Gregory. What other “damaged” players have the cowboys taken in the 2nd round over the past 15-20 years?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No biggie. His medical will be ahead of the draft. If there were underlying issues they aren’t going to magically disappear in 1-2 weeks.

tm1119

Reaction score
Vander Esch. Sean Lee. Bruce Carter.

Vander Esch was a 1st round pick...and supposedly passed the cowboys medical checks. Hardly deemed “damaged.” Hindsight obviously doesn’t favor that now, but it was the truth at the time.

And Lee and Carter tore acl’s in college, but is that really “damaged” in the era of modern medicine? It’s not like knee injuries are what derailed those guys’ careers. They recovered fine, just had other reasons for their ultra demise

817Gill

Reaction score

Patrick Surtain II

CB Alabama

Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

Alim McNeill

DT North Carolina State

Patrick Jones

EDGE Pittsburgh

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Bobby Brown

DT Texas A&M

Shaun Wade

S Ohio State

Jamien Sherwood

S Auburn

Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

Trey Hill

OC Georgia

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

K.J. Britt

LB Auburn
This is a dream draft

JBS

Reaction score
Vander Esch was a 1st round pick...and supposedly passed the cowboys medical checks. Hardly deemed “damaged.” Hindsight obviously doesn’t favor that now, but it was the truth at the time.

And Lee and Carter tore acl’s in college, but is that really “damaged” in the era of modern medicine? It’s not like knee injuries are what derailed those guys’ careers. They recovered fine, just had other reasons for their ultra demise

Of course they all passed medical checks..nobody gets drafted if they fail a medical

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Me included. Never was happy about the Jaylon pick, wanted Jack over him but always love a good Randy Gregory pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s not hindsight. The league knew about the issue. The Cowboys drafted him anyway.

You play revisionist history if you need to in order to feel better.

tm1119

Reaction score
It’s not hindsight. The league knew about the issue. The Cowboys drafted him anyway.

You play revisionist history if you need to in order to feel better.

Your issue is with the cowboys medical staff on LVE then. Expecting the FO to go against the advise of doctors is ridiculous.

And I’m sorry my facts are upsetting your narrative. You listed players as “damaged” that had absolutely no long term problems with the injuries they had in college. You’re using hindsight a decade after the fact.

Furthermore, calling Sean Lee a bad 2nd round pick isn’t even remotely correct. I would make that pick again, even knowing he would get injured

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your issue is with the cowboys medical staff on LVE then. Expecting the FO to go against the advise of doctors is ridiculous.

The issue isn’t mine, it’s the Cowboys. They knew the risks and made the decision and they got burned. It has nothing to do with me. But you keep on trying to project so you can feel better.

And I’m sorry my facts are upsetting your narrative. You listed players as “damaged” that had absolutely no long term problems with the injuries they had in college. You’re using hindsight a decade after the fact.

I’m using the facts. You’re the fan trying one excuse after another. And more projecting. Missed again.

Furthermore, calling Sean Lee a bad 2nd round pick isn’t even remotely correct. I would make that pick again, even knowing he would get injured

You do that.