Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jaguars plan to play starters in first preseason game vs. Cowboys

By Adam Stites | Jags Wire
August 7, 2023

USATSI_21158355.jpg

<snip>

While many teams are extra careful with their star players in August, Pederson believes the reps against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday can prove valuable.

“I’m a big believer in the starters playing,” Pederson said in an interview on NFL Network’s “Inside Training Camp LIVE.” “I really feel like they need to feel sort of that energy that comes with starting a football game. I did it last year with the guys.

Read more

rambo2

Reaction score

Jaguars plan to play starters in first preseason game vs. Cowboys

By Adam Stites | Jags Wire
August 7, 2023

USATSI_21158355.jpg

<snip>

While many teams are extra careful with their star players in August, Pederson believes the reps against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday can prove valuable.

“I’m a big believer in the starters playing,” Pederson said in an interview on NFL Network’s “Inside Training Camp LIVE.” “I really feel like they need to feel sort of that energy that comes with starting a football game. I did it last year with the guys.

Read more
I wonder how he will feel if Lawrence went down?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hope we see zero starters, maybe not even Cooper Rush.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This is what needs to change with Dallas. I know it's a risk to play your starters in the preseason, but these reps are important to preparing your team.

Under McCarthy Dallas has lost every week one game. The Rams in 2020 and TB the last two seasons. These slow starts have to change. I believe playing your starters for a couple a series in the first two games and a half in the last game would only help.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Good, bring it against the backups need to see who is ultimately ready for our depth.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good let’s see how our second team does. I expect our 2nd string Defense to apply pressure. I wonder if we throw Mazi in.