Jaire Alexander's INT

khiladi

Reaction score

I want you to look at TWO THINGS:

1. On the first Tweet, pay attention to Dak the whole time and where he is looking. He is watching the action between Cooks and Jaire the WHOLE TIME.

2. Now look at the second Tweet and watch the actual action between Jaire and Cooks. It’s obvious that Jaire won the match-up.

Then ask yourself why in the hell did Dak throw it, knowing this fact?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

1. On the first Tweet, pay attention to Dak the whole time and where he is looking. He is watching the action between Cooks and Jaire the WHOLE TIME.

2. Now look at the second Tweet and watch the actual action between Jaire and Cooks. It’s obvious that Jaire won the match-up.

I wonder if he was trying to draw a DPI call. That's my only explanation. Especially since Lamb is wide open up top.

zeke21

Reaction score

ohh there are just no angles that make that look any better. He stares that match up down.. like he actually just fully stares.. I don't know what he was looking at. The pocket was collapsing that way.. it looks like Pollard is open on the back side if he wants to flush out.. it was a 3rd and 5.. and Gallup was on a stop come back in the centre. Had options and time.. and still put the ball into that spot. Just unbelievable.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

P/I by the DB or our WR ran the wrong route, no no no it was the Dukes the Dukes I tell you.
Deer in the Headlights.................so it was, so it is, so it will always be!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
ohh there are just no angles that make that look any better. He stares that match up down.. like he actually just fully stares.. I don't know what he was looking at. The pocket was collapsing that way.. it looks like Pollard is open on the back side if he wants to flush out.. it was a 3rd and 5.. and Gallup was on a stop come back in the centre. Had options and time.. and still put the ball into that spot. Just unbelievable.

And, look at Lamb on the corner route. That's as open as it gets in the NFL. That's not a bad playcall by McCarthy. That's a bad decision by Dak. He has Lamb open for a 15+ yard gain.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

That was one of Dak's better decisions that day actually...as the receiver was only blanketed by 1 guy. Granted...he still shouldn't have thrown it, and that play as much as any ruined the game for us.

BUT as far as decisions....he had many MANY throws (some of which were even (luckily) completions) where he yhre to triple and quadruple covered guys....where he looked like he was throwing the ball at a blue tiny bullseye surrounded by a seasbof green and gold jerseys and hands.

That INT to Alexander was an idiotic, horrible, season-ending decision by Dak....but compared to his other throws/decisions that day it was actually one of his better decisions when you rank his many mind boggling blunders.

zeke21

Reaction score
I wonder if he was trying to draw a DPI call. That's my only explanation. Especially since Lamb is wide open up top.
Lamb up top is 100% the primary option on that play.

It would be a 50/50 on the DPI at best.. yeah I'm not sure. Personally I just think that when he is in the tough spots.. he forces the ball. I think it is just who he is.. he doesn't see the coverage or risk. You just can't give up an INT in that spot and at that time. You just can't.

I mean even a throw away and punt still keeps you in a one score game... I just don't get it. There is only one absolute for a QB in that position and that is protect the ball. If you come up short.. so be it.. but protect the ball.

Dak has a habit of just finding ways to do the absolute worst thing at the worst time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lamb up top is 100% the primary option on that play.

It would be a 50/50 on the DPI at best.. yeah I'm not sure. Personally I just think that when he is in the tough spots.. he forces the ball. I think it is just who he is.. he doesn't see the coverage or risk. You just can't give up an INT in that spot and at that time. You just can't.

I mean even a throw away and punt still keeps you in a one score game... I just don't get it. There is only one absolute for a QB in that position and that is protect the ball. If you come up short.. so be it.. but protect the ball.

Dak has a habit of just finding ways to do the absolute worst thing at the worst time.

I do notice that he has a tendency to force the ball, and the worst part is that interception swung momentum to a spot where we couldn't recapture it.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Gallup sitting open underneath zone coverage if he does not want to hold till the Lamb break outside. He wanted that route.

Also, offensive line gives a nice pocket-like they did the entire first half. He was seeing ghosts, got the yips, overthrowing and making poor decisions. Ironically, if Dak would have lead the receiver way too much on this interception play-Jaire would get called for interference most likely.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Because as someone said in the locker room the other day, if first read isn't there, he panics

It's no more complicated than that

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He threw it there because he never looked anywhere else, and he was in full choke mode

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

K......dude no one is arguing with you about Dak anymore. Why are you still microing his mistakes? (LOL)

khiladi

Reaction score
Look at the throw to Gallup last year. In this case, he just ASSUMES Gallup is open after his other reads are there. He doesn’t even bother to look to see first. This is shown very clearly from the bird-eye view angle at the end of this clip.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Because as someone said in the locker room the other day, if first read isn't there, he panics

It's no more complicated than that

Which was quite obvious this past week. I'm going to be controversial and say that McCarthy didn't actually call a horrific game. Dak played a horrific game. If you watch the two interceptions, he's forcing the ball to the wrong spot. On the pick 6, he has Ferguson wide open, but he forces it to Lamb. The missed deep shot to Cooks, reminiscent of the miss against Buffalo, was an overthrow. If you break down a lot of the misses from Dak, it's not a bad play design. Mike was calling what Dak was comfortable with during the season. Dak was just reverting to check down charlie at the worst time.