Jake Butt

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Broncos are very deep at TE right now. 4th round pick Albert O is currently 4th on the depth chart with Fant, Vannett and Butt ahead oh him.

Butt has had issues with his knee, but he is healthy now. Probably not a guy you want to trust as a long term solution, but right I would be willing to give Denver a 6th to get him to fill in for Jarwin.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking about that yesterday.
Butts? lol

Never thought about him, but I don't think that'd be a horrible option. I don't know that Butt - even at his healthiest - gives a lot more than Schultz though. Probably more reliable hands, but don't think he's the athlete to replace what Jarwin does.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, you people can't be serious! Guys as fragile as Sean Lee, just look:

1. High School: Butt attended but did not participate in the Army All-America Game due to injury.
2. College sophomore season: Butt missed the first two games of the season while recuperating from a torn ACL.
3. College senior season: Butt tore his ACL in the 2016 Orange Bowl game and suffered nerve damage
4. 2018 NFL season: On September 27, 2018, Butt sustained a torn ACL during a non-contact drill during practice, which sidelined him for the remainder of the season.
5. 2019 NFL season: On September 2, 2019, Butt was placed on injured reserve due to complications with his previous ACL injury.

That's 5 seasons with missed time in 7 years, including THREE torn ACLs.

No thanks...