Jake Delhomme Revisited

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I know the horse has been beaten to death but can you believe that the reason he signed with Carolina the day after visiting Valley Ranch is because they offered him a shot to come in and compete for the starting job. We didn't even offer the chance to compete, mind you we had, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson...I think. Sad.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
QC is still getting the blame for our QB problems per Micky. Sorry, but that was 2003 that he last played for us. Plenty of time to figure SOMETHING out.

Not only that, let's say that Romo does turn out to be something pretty good....will Micky thank QC for what he is blaming him for on the radio right now?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN were talking about this last week, Giving Jerry grief over not signing him, he must have asked for a few hundred thousand more the we wanted to pay.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1125501 said:
I know the horse has been beaten to death but can you believe that the reason he signed with Carolina the day after visiting Valley Ranch is because they offered him a shot to come in and compete for the starting job. We didn't even offer the chance to compete, mind you we had, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Drew Henson...I think. Sad.
Stoerner. Henson was 2004 along with Vinny.

Dallas31

Reaction score
Jake was nothing then and IMo he still is nothing....

He'll never win the big one...

burmafrd

Reaction score
No one knew Delhomme was going to amount to anything. It was as much a shot in the dark as Hutch, QC, any of them. Hindsight is always 20-20.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
At the time, Carter had played more than Delhomme and some thought Horseface could also be our QB of the future. Delhomme was a nobody in 2003.

People make out like we didn't sign Tom Brady after he had won a SB.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1125519 said:
Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAN were talking about this last week, Giving Jerry grief over not signing him, he must have asked for a few hundred thousand more the we wanted to pay.

There was post the other day that contained a quote from Bill Parcells I think. Anyway, the had a deal with Delhomme he was ready to sign then he demanded and extra million dollars. So Parcells told Jerry to let him walk. It was BPs decision.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wow...another QB we should of had thread. Or same old thread.

Hey, haven't you heard...we got Romo...discussion over...:D

We didn't have Henson at the time, plus Carolina also offered more $$$$

burmafrd

Reaction score
If that is the case, then he must have realized he messed up since then he signed with Carolina for less money then that.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
I knew Delhomme would be good when he lit up our great cornerback Duan Hathourne in New Orleans.

I see no one listened :star:

Bluefin

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1125501 said:
And did Delhomme go to Carolina and wrest the starting job away from uber QB Rodney Peete that training camp?

No.

He failed to win the job and only got on the field when the team struggled in week one, only to find a spark with the Cajun under center.

And what would Delhomme have done behind an offensive line that gave up over 50 sacks that season? What would he have looked like with no running game to concern defenses? What would he have done with a defense and special teams that failed to provide turnovers and field position?

Money says not much.

Cajun landed in a perfect situation and took advantage of it.

He would've struggled exactly as Carter did to make plays in a broken offense.

I keep hearing the analysts on TV say we're still looking for an answer at QB since Aikman's release and retirement.

They don't mention that even Aikman looked horrible on a bad offense at the end of his career. It takes more than a QB to succeed.

MONT17

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20 and Delhomme is not Tom Brady but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while if Romo fails he is done... Parcells has missed on so many good offensive players not just at QB... its almost impossible to do what he has done time and time again!

It is his job to find talent in the Draft, Free Agency, Trades, Undrafted players and released players... there is no other excuse for this O to be so heavily reliant on JERRYS Bank Roll!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22;1125501 said:

That horse has been beaten to death.........like you said.