Jake Ehlinger found Dead

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...er-jake-ehlinger-found-dead-campus-police-say

Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger, the 20-year-old younger brother of former Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger, was found dead on Thursday, according to police in Austin, Texas.

The Austin Police Department said it received a call at 12:18 p.m. local time and responded to the 1200 block of West 22nd Street, a residential area just to the west of the Texas campus, and identified the individual as Jake Ehlinger, who was a redshirt sophomore.

No cause of death was released and police said the death was not considered suspicious.

The loss is another tragedy for the Ehlinger family. Sam and Jake's father, Ross, died in 2013 during a triathlon in San Francisco from a heart attack at age 46. Both sons dreamed of playing for the Longhorns after growing up as season-ticket holders.

May God grant his family comfort.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The Longhorn Reddit is keeping a tight lid on any speculation. But the Austin Reddit has speculation of either an OD, or a suicide. Just tragic news either way.

John813

Reaction score
Sad. I feel for Sam. I couldn't imagine the feeling of losing your dad and brother at a young age.

Especially after a mini high of being drafted and celebrating with Jake.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sad. I feel for Sam. I couldn't imagine the feeling of losing your dad and brother at a young age.

Especially after a mini high of being drafted and celebrating with Jake.

Same here. It's always tough to lose a sibling. I can't imagine that pain. Losing him during this time must be unbearable.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The loss is another tragedy for the Ehlinger family. Sam and Jake's father, Ross, died in 2013 during a triathlon in San Francisco from a heart attack at age 46. Both sons dreamed of playing for the Longhorns after growing up as season-ticket holders.

This part is crazy. Just tonight a coworker of mine shared that he lost his brother-in-law in the exact same fashion last week. 49-years-old, but had a heart attack in the water portion of the event. Kind of a downer of a night to hear that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This part is crazy. Just tonight a coworker of mine shared that he lost his brother-in-law in the exact same fashion last week. 49-years-old, but had a heart attack in the water portion of the event. Kind of a downer of a night to hear that.

Definitely. You just never know when it's your last day, do you?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Definitely. You just never know when it's your last day, do you?

We also had a 39-year-old brought in last night with what is known as the "Widowmaker Heart Attack". Was at the dinner table, clutched his chest and went face first into the table. Family started CPR and he made it to the hospital with a pulse but his labs looked like he was down for quite a bit. Sometimes my job scares the hell out of me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We also had a 39-year-old brought in last night with what is known as the "Widowmaker Heart Attack". Was at the dinner table, clutched his chest and went face first into the table. Family started CPR and he made it to the hospital with a pulse but his labs looked like he was down for quite a bit. Sometimes my job scares the hell out of me.

God bless you for what you do my friend!