Jake Ferguson is a top tier TE

rambo2

Reaction score
Right now he’s playing very well. It’s a shame we wasted another 2nd round pick on another TE. Could have picked up more beef for o-line.
Actually, having another tight end is a good thing. Watch what happens to the Eagles without Dallas Godert.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He's fine, certainly plays hard.

But he had another drop last night too.
I don't know how someone can consider it a drop when the defender punches the ball the second it arrives at his hands. That is not a drop!

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Love Fergy, but let's pump the breaks. He's not there yet, this is a very small sample size. I will say though, outside of a couple drops, he's been fantastic for us the past 2 games. Hope his development continues and he becomes 'ol reliable for Dak in the passing game.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I don't know how someone can consider it a drop when the defender punches the ball the second it arrives at his hands. That is not a drop!
It hit his hands and didn't catch it. Drop.

Which one are you referring to? There were two of them but I was being generous.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Are you sure? He’s not even dating Taylor Swift.
Nope, he's dating someone younger and much hotter: Haley Cavinder.

76819087-0-image-a-5_1697832924264.jpg

Jumbo075

Reaction score
So that means Shultz was top tier too, correct? Because all I heard was he wasn't that guy.
In 2022, the Cowboys offered Schultz a long-term deal making much more than the $6.25M that Houston is paying him this season. He turned them down. It's not like the Cowboys didn't try to keep Schultz, but he wanted more money. So he played under the franchise tag, and found out that the market for his services was not as high as his agent told him it would be. He left a lot of money on the table by not signing the long-term deal that the Cowboys offered him before they drafted Ferguson.

So, it is false to say the Cowboys didn't value Schultz. They apparently valued him more highly than any other team in the NFL. Schultz turned them down.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give it time. Don't judge rookies too soon. We don't yet know if Schoonmaker will be a bust or a good pick.
I think when you are drafted that high....there's an expectation to contribute right away. If he were 3-5 rounder okay. That's a pretty high round....and I feel maybe wasted.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's funny to me that some posters won't allow fans to prop up players and give them some credit. Nobody is "crowning" him early or calling him "elite". We're merely recognizing the player's development. Ferg is developing nicely and is finding his footing in the NFL. Yes, he had a tough drop yesterday. It happens. Doesn't take away from him becoming a solid TE.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Not a game-changing type TE albeit he's pretty solid. But right now, we need a tackle, guard, another pass rusher, and lots of LBs. Oh yeah, and a featured back.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It's funny to me that some posters won't allow fans to prop up players and give them some credit. Nobody is "crowning" him early or calling him "elite". We're merely recognizing the player's development. Ferg is developing nicely and is finding his footing in the NFL. Yes, he had a tough drop yesterday. It happens. Doesn't take away from him becoming a solid TE.
You seem to be unable to comprehend the fact that while good and improving no one in the NFL is going to call him a top tier TE at this time except Dallas Fanboys.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I never oversold Fergy (ie. claiming he’d be elite) but I always said he’s at least the equivalent of Schultz as a reciever. He’s already 10x the blocker.

Ferg can be every bit the outlet Schultz was and more if Dak wants to use him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Even Schultz was able to bunch up impressive catch numbers but he was not a A-tier elite TE.
Dalton was a product of the system, imo but he had a knack for soft coverages, drag routes off roll outs, and
a great feel for the end zone in red zone. His lack of blocking was too much of a sore spot.

Opposing teams game plan for elite TEs Kelcie, Andrews, Pitts, Kettle, ones that create such damages with mismatches whether LB or safety, adept run after catch skills, deep middle seam threat

I see Fergy at this point as a TE with Schultz-like receiving skills, but a lot better in-blocking skills than what Dalton was.

In short, we will not miss Schultz (as some insist we are earlier in the year)

Aftershock

Reaction score
yep! I’ve seen all I need to see. Based on this two game sample size Ferguson is TOP TIER. we need to extend him to a 4 year $75 million extension NOW!!!!!!!!