Jake Ferguson

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think was the only guy who showed up mentally prepared to play a playoff game with everything at stake. The rest of the team, cept maybe DLaw, showed up expecting the crowd to win it for them.

TE shouldn't be a need this draft, though. I want to see us build the trenches, maybe a new skill player or two.

I actually feel bad for the guy. Ferguson worked his tail off, apparently, to get where he was from last year to this year. Meanwhile, Dak and Lamb bickering like children... just turns me off of those players. I'm definitely open to make a few trades, i.e., Parsons, Lamb, Dak....

I even wonder if this is part of the plan: coaches on the way out setting players up to fail so they then become trade bait. Interesting dynamic, the way the season unfolded with all these offers and interviews of coaches. You never know what's going on behind the scenes, as far as disagreements and personal conflicts. Great to see a young player show up to play regardless of any drama.

conner01

Reaction score
I think was the only guy who showed up mentally prepared to play a playoff game with everything at stake. The rest of the team, cept maybe DLaw, showed up expecting the crowd to win it for them.

TE shouldn't be a need this draft, though. I want to see us build the trenches, maybe a new skill player or two.

I actually feel bad for the guy. Ferguson worked his tail off, apparently, to get where he was from last year to this year. Meanwhile, Dak and Lamb bickering like children... just turns me off of those players. I'm definitely open to make a few trades, i.e., Parsons, Lamb, Dak....

I even wonder if this is part of the plan: coaches on the way out setting players up to fail so they then become trade bait. Interesting dynamic, the way the season unfolded with all these offers and interviews of coaches. You never know what's going on behind the scenes, as far as disagreements and personal conflicts. Great to see a young player show up to play regardless of any drama.
He’s quickly becoming my favorite

tico

Reaction score
I think Ferguson will be top 3 TEs in the NFL.. still young and evolving

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ferg was great. He has heart and swagger. Dak and CeeDee looked surprised to be in a fight out there. Things don't always come easy. Be ready to box. Be a soldier. Fergie is that. I guess we just don't have enough dawgs on this team. This might sound like sour grapes, but I don't think Green Bay is some juggernaut. We made them look better than they are. I hate when we do this and it seems like we've done it a lot lately. Back to Ferg, kudos to him.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ferg was great. He has heart and swagger. Dak and CeeDee looked surprised to be in a fight out there. Things don't always come easy. Be ready to box. Be a soldier. Fergie is that. I guess we just don't have enough dawgs on this team. This might sound like sour grapes, but I don't think Green Bay is some juggernaut. We made them look better than they are. I hate when we do this and it seems like we've done it a lot lately. Back to Ferg, kudos to him.
I disagree. I looked at Green Bay from an objective light earlier this week. I initially saw 9-8 and thought, yeah, we got this. But then I delved deeper into the makeup of their team. They are on point with several aspects of their team.

I'm going with them against the 9ers next week. I think they roll them too. I see Texans and Packers in the SB... JMO.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. I looked at Green Bay from an objective light earlier this week. I initially saw 9-8 and thought, yeah, we got this. But then I delved deeper into the makeup of their team. They are on point with several aspects of their team.

I'm going with them against the 9ers next week. I think they roll them too. I see Texans and Packers in the SB... JMO.
Well, that would be NYG all over again. Stranger things have happened.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Or we could have just been overrated. The signs were there. A lot of folks posted the stuff with the rankings of teams that we played, the records we played, we continued to ignore some of the red flags and our inability to beat good teams. I wouldn’t go sniffing the GB bandwagon just yet. 49ers could easily dismantle them in the next round.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Only bright spot today
Actually, I really liked Dowdle, too, thought he looked like the better back compared to Pollard. Gallup was looking like his old self.. Hard to understand why he wasn't involved a bit more, or why they kept running it when the last thing they should have been doing was running. I understand balance and all of that. But at some point, all McCarthy was doing was trying to keep the point spread from being too embarrassing. He wasn't trying to win. That bothers me. Big time.

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
Actually, I really liked Dowdle, too, thought he looked like the better back compared to Pollard. Gallup was looking like his old self.. Hard to understand why he wasn't involved a bit more, or why they kept running it when the last thing they should have been doing was running. I understand balance and all of that. But at some point, all McCarthy was doing was trying to keep the point spread from being too embarrassing. He wasn't trying to win. That bothers me. Big time.
I like the positivity but to me it was just average players being a bit above average. Especially Gallup, it was like GB was so focused on shutting down Cee Dee and Cooks knowing that Dallas run game was trash that they let Gallup have some openings. At the same time the said let's see if Ferguson can beat us and they even had him covered pretty well most of the time.

Meanwhile Dan Quinn and his vaunted defense couldn't keep Jones in check and allowed several big pass plays with no Cowboy anywhere near the receiver.

But yeah, Gallup did have a handful of nice plays

Kalyan

Reaction score
Absolutely agree, we got outcoached big time. Next week when they play a well coached team
Like SF, you will see that they are not that great