Twitter: Jamal Adams asks to be traded

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d give them a 2nd and pay him what he wants...

Tough to give up a 1st and immediately pay a player TOP money at his position

but I’ll be honest I feel this team is in WIN NOW mode.... this Oline ain’t getting younger(hell it already lost a key cog)

I’m also the kind of fan who isn’t demanding a dynasty... hell I’d be perfectly happy with a super bowl win every decade
But youd be ok selecting a safety that may bust with the first rounder youd trade for him?

Just so you dont have to play that player?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No thank you. Do not trade a first round pick for him....not worth it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jamal wants to be traded?
tenor.gif

Kwyn

Reaction score
Supposedly there is also a list of teams Adams will agree to be traded to that he would not immediately demand an extension. My bet is that Dallas is on that list.
He already said that we were his first choice.

He would almost certainly agree to give us another year but only with some assurances that we would take care of him next off season

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I doubt Dallas does a trade for him, they would need to also pay him. Draft pick and big contract gets expensive.

robjay04

Reaction score
Yeah but then he is wherever he gets traded to causing the same problem he is now.

Why would someone trade for that, and why would Adams be happy just to leave NY?

It's about getting paid now.

Well I just used Ramsey as the example of a situation where the player did not make the same demands once he was traded.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
In other news....the Sky is Blue..... back to sports...
Oh my gosh your avi gives me a deep desire to go fishing.
Haven't done it in decades! Well two decades, but that's a long time!
Hope your family is doing well, boss.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lol. Adam's is too impatient. Like Dak, he too will get paid.
I'd compare it more to Elliott.

These guys join a union, then refuse to abide by the rules that they collectively bargained and cause problems.

Just play out your deal and wait your turn.

I can semi see a RBs case, because by the time they become a UFA they are spent physically and not likely to get a huge deal.

That's why you need to continue to draft that position and never give a second contract there.

That's why I'm not hearing the ...we cant afford Adams....talk. We are free of the 15M RB in two years.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He wants to be the highest paid safety in the league.

There are lots of other positions where it would be preferable to have the highest paid player in the league (assuming their skills justified it):

QB, DE, CB, WR, etc...

The notion that the Cowboys are one good safety away from the promised land is bizarre!

And don't get me started on the staggering amount of draft capital that would be required in addition to the salary cap space!
All of those positions the 5th-20th best player at their position get paid what the top S gets paid

it’s all relative

bottom line is that he’s a beast and instantly makes our defense much nastier and much tougher. We have a young, suspect, secondary

we need a badass back there to lead the way

Bigtex67

Reaction score
If you scroll down a bit, someone says he has a handful of teams he won’t demand a new extension for. I don’t see the source. The fact that the Jets were open to trading him probably still resonates with Adams.

Ramsey was demanding a new contract too but he hasn’t even been pressuring for a new deal like he was in Jacksonville, he’s entering his 5th year now with LA.

You mean he is in the 5th year of his rookie contract? Not his 5th year with the Rams, correct?