Jamal Adams on Jets GM

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Jets are stupid for not getting this done.
May not be able to gain his trust back

Ryan Clark who is one of Adams friends tweeted Adams wants to play for Dallas, and wants to go back home. I can see a trade in the offseason.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If Adams said that of course he's going to backtrack now. He has to go back into the Jets locker room.

Ryan Clark had no reason to make up something like that - Texas kid would like to go back to Texas - not exactly big news.

Adams is the one with an incentive to lie, after the trade didn't happen.
We agree. I didn't say who it was.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Huh? It’s fair game when the GM betrayed you. And I’m sure at this point he’s not overly concerned with mending fences.
It all depends on who you believe.

Adams' agent is the one who told him that they were going "behind his back" when the reality was quite possibly that teams were calling the Jets.

Any good GM takes every call in the best interest of the franchise. He was doing his job. If Adams can't get the difference, that is his issue.

Now if Joe Douglas was calling the Cowboys and Ravens etc. and offering him and actively fishing, then his viewpoint is justified.

I don't buy it unless Douglas is a very stupid GM who thinks it is smart to do that and have a bunch of discord in the locker room.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If Adams said that of course he's going to backtrack now. He has to go back into the Jets locker room.

Any player in that situation knows he is going to be shopped no matter what. He might as well say he didn't know he has to travel for his job.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Way to throw out your business for the world to read. GM's love that.

Newsflash. He doesn't want to play for the Jets and would like to leave. Wouldn't surprise me to see him milk an injury. He saw how Ramsey got out of Jacksonville. If the Jets give him any crap he will pull a Ramsey or Antonio Brown and force the Jets to cut him. Jets front office is walking on eggshells.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NeighboringPossibleDikkops-size_restricted.gif
Did the judge just throw the book at the defendant??? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:That is hilarious!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:omg that's funny! :lmao2:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So we will spend the offseason chasing him, never get it done and Jeff Heath will be signed to a big extension

Got it.
They'll offer him a contract well below market value and then tell us they like what they have.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Jamal Adams responds from to what the Jets GM did. In this situation where they attempted to play the Cowboys, they ended up hurting themselves and Jamal Adam's trust in them. If they never planned on trading him they just should have told the Cowboys that from the start and said that no offer at all would be made. Instead they put out that they wanted a 1st and 2 second rounders to trade him away. So, they would have traded him if the Cowboys agreed to their offer and I guess that is what Adams is upset about. Trying to play hard ball with the Cowboys backfired on the Jets.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Adams is wholly naive and foolishly unrealistic when it comes to the business side of football.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Adams should feel gratified that they value Him so highly.
That's a heck of a price for a SS, since no other team was willing to pay it, His team values Him more than any other team does.
He should be strutting around the Jets locker room with His chest thrust out, crowing "Who dey love da most!!"

nobody

Reaction score
It all depends on who you believe.

Adams' agent is the one who told him that they were going "behind his back" when the reality was quite possibly that teams were calling the Jets.

Any good GM takes every call in the best interest of the franchise. He was doing his job. If Adams can't get the difference, that is his issue.

Now if Joe Douglas was calling the Cowboys and Ravens etc. and offering him and actively fishing, then his viewpoint is justified.

I don't buy it unless Douglas is a very stupid GM who thinks it is smart to do that and have a bunch of discord in the locker room.

I don't know what happened either way, but I can believe that their GM is that dumb... look how badly that organization has been run lately.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The NFL is going to have a big problem on their hands The Bell, and Brown situation in Pittsburgh, AB with the Raiders, Ramsey with Jax and now Adams is going to become the normal like the NBA and that won’t be a good look for Goodell and the Shield.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't know what happened either way, but I can believe that their GM is that dumb... look how badly that organization has been run lately.
They just hired a new GM before training camp. He came from the Eagles front office, and was in control of the draft, and scouting departments. I believe the title was Executive Vice President whatever that is.

nobody

Reaction score
They just hired a new GM before training camp. He came from the Eagles front office, and was in control of the draft, and scouting departments. I believe the title was Executive Vice President whatever that is.

Well, he's got a lot of work ahead of him then, and if he's shopping a player behind that player's back after being told the player wants to stay, there's a problem. At least be up front and say "We're entertaining any offers from anyone for anyone." (This is assuming the player isn't lying, or that the agent isn't lying)