Jamarcus Russell declares as an official draft entry

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Let the discussions begin. We have our QB obviously. This isn't about that. How effective will Mr. Russell be at the next level? He's looking like a Raiduh. I feel for the guy but the black hole awaits him.

LSU's Russell to skip senior season, enter NFL draft

01/07/2007 10:44 AM - Louisiana State quarterback JaMarcus Russell will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft in April.

Louisiana State quarterback JaMarcus Russell will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft in April.A news conference is scheduled Wednesday to announce the decision, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday.Russell, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder from Mobile, Ala., was the nation's No. 3-ranked quarterback in passing efficiency this season. He threw for a career-high 332 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers' 41-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night. Russell will finish his LSU career with 6,525 yards and 52 touchdowns in three seasons -- two as a full-time starter.

Link

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1298174 said:
Let the discussions begin. We have our QB obviously. This isn't about that. How effective will Mr. Russell be at the next level? He's looking like a Raiduh. I feel for the guy but the black hole awaits him.

Link
I'll be shocked if he's not a Raider.

Reaction score
So in fact you are saying he'll be the first pick of the draft then. I think Russell will be a hellava player in the NFL...

jesusphreak

Reaction score
If they keep Randy Moss around, he should be a good fit there. I see something similar to the Culpepper-Moss connection. But who knows. Not sure if they guy is worth being a #1 overall pick.

jimmy40

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1298188 said:
If they keep Randy Moss around, he should be a good fit there. I see something similar to the Culpepper-Moss connection. But who knows. Not sure if they guy is worth being a #1 overall pick.
I don't think he's worth the first pick but I bet the Raiders will.

Reaction score
jesusphreak;1298188 said:

Oh he's worth the number one pick, remember against top competition he shined the brightest..

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
he is top 2 qb's in the drafy and a ton have him rated over quinn

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He'll be very effective. Tall, strong, great accuracy. He's everything you could want in a QB.

He'll be what rebounds the Raiders franchise.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
He and Quinn will both be busts with those dog turd franchises they will be playing for- Raiders & Lions.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stealth;1298201 said:
he is top 2 qb's in the drafy and a ton have him rated over quinn
Russell shined in big games while Quinn struggled. Guess who'll be considered better?

dre1614

Reaction score
theogt;1298203 said:
He'll be very effective. Tall, strong, great accuracy. He's everything you could want in a QB.

He'll be what rebounds the Raiders franchise.

But does he have the mental side of a qb?
he seems so calm out there. That can be good or bad depending on how you look at it

Reaction score
dre1614;1298230 said:
But does he have the mental side of a qb?
he seems so calm out there. That can be good or bad depending on how you look at it

What are you talking about?????:confused:

dre1614

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1298233 said:
What are you talking about?????:confused:

umm exactly what i just posted.

does he have the mental side of being a great qb?

Reaction score
dre1614;1298243 said:

I mean does any QB have the "mental side" until he proves it on the field? Tim Coach, Harrington the list goes on. That's why you play the game to see who's who and what's what... Get my point?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dre1614;1298243 said:

How would you know this about any young draft prospect?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
even if Russell didn't do well in big games, the Raiders would still want him because he's a hell of an athlete, Al Davis values athleticsm over everything in his draft picks

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1298345 said:
even if Russell didn't do well in big games, the Raiders would still want him because he's a hell of an athlete, Al Davis values athleticsm over everything in his draft picks

Yep. Davis is salivating over this development.