JaMarcus Russell fired as high school coach, accused of stealing donation to the school

gtb1943

Reaction score
Never having to plan and stick to a budget.

Added reality you become an instant legitimate millionaire (having millions in the bank with a very low debt ratio) you end up having a lot of friends find you, they become your "posse", and then they all bleed you dry. THEN that debt ratio starts to climb because you can spend money and no one ever taught you the value of budgeting your money.

Hey, what's the big deal with a 5 million home or 300K car when you have the money to buy it? LOL
It is like what has happened to so many people that win the lottery. Blow it in a few years for almost exactly the same reasons. Show off; be the big man, so called family and friends.
and greed investing in stupid schemes to get more money when they already have plenty. Look at the talking heads that tell lottery winners to take the payout even though usually you end up with only a third of the jackpot after taxes as the payout is usually only just over half the jackpot. Then invest it; which is always risky no matter what they claim. That kind of so called good advice had done bad to a lot of naive winners.
and so many of the top picks come from poor backgrounds or bad areas which does not help them deal with a completely different world.

DZSierra

Reaction score
It is like what has happened to so many people that win the lottery. Blow it in a few years for almost exactly the same reasons. Show off; be the big man, so called family and friends.
and greed investing in stupid schemes to get more money when they already have plenty. Look at the talking heads that tell lottery winners to take the payout even though usually you end up with only a third of the jackpot after taxes as the payout is usually only just over half the jackpot. Then invest it; which is always risky no matter what they claim. That kind of so called good advice had done bad to a lot of naive winners.
and so many of the top picks come from poor backgrounds or bad areas which does not help them deal with a completely different world.
On the flip side, how many people have little debt and have money saved, but refuse to set up an estate and a trust to protect their own "hard earned" money?

gtb1943

Reaction score
On the flip side, how many people have little debt and have money saved, but refuse to set up an estate and a trust to protect their own "hard earned" money?
Depends on the state to some extent, but yeah death taxes are very high for anyone with a sizeable estate. Even family farms can be hit by this if they are big enough
I never believed that the government should have the right to take money just because someone died.

GINeric

Reaction score
Not even arguably. If we're talking just 1st overall picks, it has to be him. I went back to 1983 and couldn't find a bigger bust. There were some names I didn't recognize, but a bust at DT or LB doesn't hold as much weight as a QB that you paid over 60M before taking a single snap.

I remember watching his first game and the commentators gushing over him. He proceeded to look terrible. He quit the second he got paid.

RG3 has to be the biggest bust. They gave up 3 first rounders for him, ANNNND some.

GINeric

Reaction score
Never having to plan and stick to a budget.

Added reality you become an instant legitimate millionaire (having millions in the bank with a very low debt ratio) you end up having a lot of friends find you, they become your "posse", and then they all bleed you dry. THEN that debt ratio starts to climb because you can spend money and no one ever taught you the value of budgeting your money.

Hey, what's the big deal with a 5 million home or 300K car when you have the money to buy it? LOL

Well isn't it ironic that Bernie Kosar's "posse" cleaned him out dry. His "posse" was his own father. His father bled him dry. Interesting....

Now that I think of it.... I don't believe they have called hangers-ons "posse" since like the late 80s, early 90s.

Flamma

Reaction score
RG3 has to be the biggest bust. They gave up 3 first rounders for him, ANNNND some.
He was not the first overall pick. We're talking the worst 1st overall pick bust. If you want to go biggest top 3 bust, wow, we have a lot to choose from. Didn't the 49ers trade a ton for Trey Lance? He's a bigger bust than RG3 by far. So is Zach Wilson.

GINeric

Reaction score
On Lance, that remain to be seen because his career isn't over. But I get what you're saying.