Jamarcus Russell

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Has there ever been a more obvious bust in the history of the NFL before the player was ever even drafted?

This guy never showed anything spectacular in College.

He shows up to the combine and launches the ball a mile and it gets him 55 million dollars.

It was so obvious this guy was going to be a bust.

I do remember see'ing a lot of our Cowboy Zone Al Davis's say he was going to be good but if you ever watched the guy it was obvious he was a future bust.

I thought Brady Quinn was better at the time and even though he still hasn't lived up to the hype he is much much better than Russell even ever thought about being.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I never thought he would be good. I just never saw him do anything at LSU that made me say "Wow! This guy is going to set the league on fire." Combine that with him going to the Raiders and this kid really had no chance at all.

RS12

Reaction score
Al Davis still thinks the team with QB that can throw the ball the farthest wins.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RS12;3106285 said:
Al Davis still thinks the team with QB that can throw the ball the farthest wins.

If they were having a pass, punt, and kick competition the Raiders would kill everyone.

They'd win a track meet too.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I made several posts leading up to the draft saying how bad i thought he'd be.

He got hurt and fans wanted Flynn to start over him. He wasn't even a finalist for the top QB award, never mentioned in the heisman race and wasn't even among the best 3 QB's in his conference. He exposed a horrid N.Dame defense on national tv and that was it. The legend of Jamarcus was born.