James Marten OT Cowboys 3rd on in east Tx, channel 6, 507 pm, ktbb

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
anyone in east texas, today at 5:07 pm, James Marten OT cowboys 3rd draft choice on today on david smoaks show, www.ktbb.com

Smoaky will have more cowboys on, as well as assts coaches, jerry jones, etc, later so check out his website, and catch some cowboys news. Jeff ireland was on a few days ago.

so, wanted to say hello to all my cowboys friends from east texas, Lufkin here, joe

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: On behalf of all of us at work, we would very much appreciate a RECAP.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
no, was about the same, questions, fans didnt get to chat with him, just smoaky asked questions, but best i remember on www.ktbb.com in sports should be a section that you can listen to the audio files, if you wanted to,

i think only thing he talked about a little more was jackie battle & hannah, has high hopes for them,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Recap of James Marten with Smoaky;

reports next week for minicamp

draft to focus and find role on team, and help team to get to superbowl

only contacted me one time at combine

positions to play multiple; you dont see me 6-8 guards, im flexible, athletic, moved back out to tackle last year;

can you add 25 pds, yes, between 310 and 314, i dont miss my 3 meals, lot of protein,

so you can play at 330 range, i think i can, i feel skinny at 310

summarize your game, oh yeah im nasty punish them a little something after whistle, cut them down when not looking, yeah chip at them

worst thing done to you after game; i dont really know,

track and field; your main choice; i always loved football, lot of pressure to play indiana basketball, so big sport, but loved football

to be better than you are question; i need to refine my techniques, to compete

cowboys tell you where you play, just play left and right tackle

finance major; yeah so help me with that contract, driving my 98 jimmy since high school

still masters in adm studies, yeah, but i focused on football, so i will

transition to college to pro question; what did jeff ireland tell you;
did you talk to others; yeah at boston college known for producing great offensive linemen, those guys come back and talk to us,

colombo tell youl, chris snee, copeland from patriots, just say its alot faster and you got to adjust to it,

jerrry trueblood, comparison, uh, i dont know, as a football player, were different, but size wise were the same, but he gives me a hard time he read that jerry trueblood ot that went to tampa bay; i wont hear the end of that

drafted by team with tradition of cowboys; its a dream come true, just honored to be drafted by cowboys,

anthony spencer is due next week guys;

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok i re edited it guys, one above was typing as fast as i could, no speed typist here lol, should make a little more sense here, joe
recap with James Marten on channel 6
smoaky asked questions to james marten
Recap of James Marten with Smoaky;

i believe you report next week to cowboys,
yeah i report next week for minicamp

out of the draft and all, how do you handle it and what it meant to you; being drafted nand being in the draft and all i need to focus and find role on team, and help team to get to superbowl

how much did cowboys contact you;
only contacted me one time at combine, so i was surprised, but thankful

positions to play multiple question; you dont see many 6-8 guards question? , laughing, you dont see many 6-8 offensive guards at college, and im 6-8, im flexible, athletic, i played guard my first couple of years moved back out to tackle last year;

can you add 25 pds to your frame for the cowboys,
yes, i am between 310 and 314, i dont miss my 3 meals, i eat a lot of lot protein, laughing

so you can play at 330 range and not feel sluggish,
i think i can, i feel skinny at 310

summarize your game like this is james marten, like its been reported that your a nasty player that likes to hit in football in the football mags,
oh yeah im nasty i like to punish them a little, something after whistle you know, you play till the whistle , cut them down when not looking, yeah chip at them, laughing ( i like that a nasty offensive linemen finally)

worst thing done to you after game; i dont really know of anything,

track and field; your main choice;
i always loved football, lot of pressure to play indiana basketball, its a big sport here, so i played basketball some, but loved football more,its my biggest passion

to be better than you are question;
i need to refine my techniques, to compete with the pro players

cowboys tell you where your going to play,
they just told me to be ready to play left and right tackle

your a finance major;
yeah so help me with that contract im fixing to get, , im going to save my money, driving my 98 jimmy since high school

still getting your masters in adm studies,
yeah, but i focused on football last year, so i will finish my masters, football was more important to me this year, (now i like that, he loves football, punishing defensive linemen etc)

transition to college to pro question; what did jeff ireland tell you;
did you talk to others;
yeah at boston college the offensive linemen are known for producing great offensive linemen, those guys come back and talk to us,

colombo tell you,
no, i havent seen colombo, but guys like chris snee, copeland from patriots, trueblood ot with tampa bay, he really gets on me, the offensive linemen that come back and tell you that its alot faster and you got to adjust to it,

jerrry trueblood, comparison, that in the football magazines, youve been compared to be a clone to trueblood whom is 6-8 too,
uh, i dont know, as a football player, were different, but size wise were the same, but he gives me a hard time (jeremy trueblood) read that jerry trueblood ot that went to tampa bay and he loves picking at me; i wont hear the end of that

what does being drafted by team with tradition of cowboys mean to you;
its a dream come true, just honored to be drafted by cowboys,

anthony spencer is due next week guys;

Angus

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the information and recap.

:)