Jamie Dukes NFL network says Romo tough situation as QB in 2008

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2169957 said:
Romo will be re-evaluated as the franchise QB if he doesn't get a playoff win this season.

Only if his play is bad. Teams do lose games despite the QB. I don't think Romo is under any pressure this year of keeping his job.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo will be re-evaluated as the franchise QB if he doesn't get a playoff win this season.

Wow ...... a Commander fan thinks that ...... surprising.

BigD needs to hurry up and get here.

zeromaster

Reaction score
And you can keep thinking that, SkinsAnaliser.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
My pap always said to never believe a man who has a girl's first name and a dog's last name.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I wonder if Jessica has one of those Cowboy Cheerleader uniforms.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
zeromaster;2170238 said:
And you can keep thinking that, SkinsAnaliser.

So you won't be concerned if Romo goes 0-3 as a starter QB in the NFL in the postseason? You do know the QB plays a huge role in how well the offense plays in the playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2170322 said:
So you won't be concerned if Romo goes 0-3 as a starter QB in the NFL in the postseason? You do know the QB plays a huge role in how well the offense plays in the playoffs.

QB's while they play a large role are not the sole reason for losing or winning.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2170480 said:
they are 75% of the reason

Trent dilfer?.........Superbowl champion? Hello? This thing on?

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2170483 said:
How are you coming up with that figure?

I'm just saying how things are for a QB in the NFL, when the team is winning they get 75% of the credit and when they lose they get 75% of the blame

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Seven;2170488 said:
Trent dilfer?.........Superbowl champion? Hello? This thing on?

Trent Dilfer was a QB of a team who lead the offense to TD's and threw NO INTERCEPTIONS during that title run and went 4-0 in the postseason. Not sure why you brung him up

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I agree with Dukes. Romo has had 2 embarrassing 1st round playoff exits and now "he has all the pieces around him" to make a superbowl run. It's not Brady you boneheads the guys has 3 rings already and was about 3 minutes away from a perfect season. Romo has never won anything yet. Pressure is on for Tony this season.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Rampage;2170563 said:
I agree with Dukes. Romo has had 2 embarrassing 1st round playoff exits and now "he has all the pices around him" to make a superbowl run. It's not Brady you boneheads the guys has 3 rings already and was about 3 minutes away from a perfect season. Romo has never won anything yet. Pressure is on for Tony this season.

Thank you, he defintely can't have another first round exit.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2169725 said:
I dont know if it's pressure on Romo to go to the SB, but he defintely can't finish the 2008 season with a 0-3 record as a starting QB in the postseason. Would not look good

:hammer:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2169725 said:
I dont know if it's pressure on Romo to go to the SB, but he defintely can't finish the 2008 season with a 0-3 record as a starting QB in the postseason. Would not look good

redskins1;2170581 said:

Awwww when Commander trolls agree on a Cowboys board, you know it must be true.

:rolleyes:

I am sure cowboyrock will be on here any minute to agree as well.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;2170563 said:
I agree with Dukes. Romo has had 2 embarrassing 1st round playoff exits

The Seattle game resulted in personal embarassment for Romo. The NY game was a team debacle. Actually, Seattle was too...

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2170707 said:
The Seattle game resulted in personal embarassment for Romo. The NY game was a team debacle. Actually, Seattle was too...

But Romo had a turnover in both games that lead to defeat

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So goes Romo, so goes our hopes and dreams. The QB almost always IS the key.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SportsAnalyzer;2170716 said:
But Romo had a turnover in both games that lead to defeat

You mean a 4th and long with 16 sec left to play that int? Many things happened in that game that cost us but I would hardly place the loss on that 1 throw is a desperate situations when the defense has the big advantage of knowing the offense is limited to what plays it has to run.