Jamon Merideth

wahaja

Reaction score
what do you guys think of Jamon Merideth so far he has some of the best combine times and he had a great senior bowl. he was suppose to be one of the better tackles this past season in college football but spurrier moved him to guard and he had a pretty bad season.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Watching him at the combine now...uh yeah, he looks real good.
Former TE? Is that right?
You can tell this kid knows how to move his feet and his foot work is really good.

wahaja

Reaction score
he does have quick feet and smooth hips. i went to school with jamon and had a couple of classes with him and talking to him he knows his football. i think he was ust in spurrier dog house this past season!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Meredith has come up aces this combine

only a 8'9" long jump, so he's not terribly explosive, but he looked excellent in position drills, and of course his 40 and bench times were top-notch

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
He certainly is a guy worth drafting where we draft in the 2nd.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
wahaja;2647489 said:
what do you guys think of Jamon Merideth so far he has some of the best combine times and he had a great senior bowl. he was suppose to be one of the better tackles this past season in college football but spurrier moved him to guard and he had a pretty bad season.

I think he's a finesse blocker, from a finesse system... as such, he'd be a perfect fit for the Broncos, not so much for the Boys...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Zaxor;2648381 said:
He certainly is a guy worth drafting where we draft in the 2nd.

Uhhhh, no... gotta disagree with you there, ol' buddy... I just don't think he's a Hudson Houck kind of lineman...

I'm not saying he's a bad player, you understand, I just don't think he'd be what the Boys are looking for... if they want an offensive lineman in the 2nd round, pray that Duke Robinson falls to them... if not, don't go OL until the 3rd round, when you can look at Kraig Urbik, or Fenuki Tupou, or Eric Wood, or Troy Kropog, or Antoine Caldwell...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
silverbear;2648384 said:
Uhhhh, no... gotta disagree with you there, ol' buddy... I just don't think he's a Hudson Houck kind of lineman...

I'm not saying he's a bad player, you understand, I just don't think he'd be what the Boys are looking for... if they want an offensive lineman in the 2nd round, pray that Duke Robinson falls to them... if not, don't go OL until the 3rd round, when you can look at Kraig Urbik, or Fenuki Tupou, or Eric Wood, or Troy Kropog, or Antoine Caldwell...

He certainly doesn't have enough lead in the bottom but he might be worth a look at tackle as he does have very good feet...and more and more speed rushers are in the 240-265 range

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Haha, I was loving this guy at the combine, but he's a bit small for our system. Some places have him going as early as the second round, others say 4th to 5th.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Watch our for SC's crop of players this year.

Especially Emanuel Cook.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Fifth-year senior offensive lineman who is the incumbent at the left tackle position... has also played right tackle during his career and worked some at guard in the spring... one of the more intelligent as well as one of the strongest players on the team... earned the Harold White GPA Award for the offense in the spring... a veteran who has started 29 games over the past three seasons, second on the club to Kenny McKinley, including 28 consecutive starts heading into the 2008 campaign... has started each of the last 18 games at left tackle... will sit out the first two games of the 2008 campaign due to an NCAA eligibility ruling stemming from his freshman season.

2007: Started all 12 games at left tackle, extending his streak to 28 consecutive starts... named the Outstanding Offensive Lineman in the spring... was an ESPN The Magazine academic All-District selection.

2006: Started all 13 games... started the first seven games at right tackle, then moved to left tackle for the final six contests... given a game ball following the win at Vanderbilt when he switched from right tackle to left tackle after intermission... named the SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his efforts in helping Carolina knock off 24th-ranked Clemson... the USC offense gained nearly 500 yards of offense against a Tiger defense that had allowed an average of just 250 yards previously... the Gamecocks totaled over 400 yards of offense in each of the season's final four games... presented the Andrew Sorensen Scholar-Athlete Award for Football during the spring game.

2005: Earned four starts during the season, all at right tackle, including the bowl game against Missouri... made his first career start versus Kentucky... took over the right tackle spot halfway through the Arkansas contest and started each of the final two regular season games.

2004: Rookie who saw action in one game, getting in for three plays against Vanderbilt... granted a redshirt year but will need to sit out the first two games of the `08 season.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played defensive end at Hillcrest High School... played for Coach Wayne Garrick.

PERSONAL: James J. Meredith was born May 11, 1986... is a sport and entertainment management major... graduated in May.

JAMES_MEREDITH

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He is a monster that had to protect some really bad QBs, faced teams best pass rusher every week. Didn't miss hardly any games, and will be available into the 3rd.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Analysis

Positives: Good height with long arms and an athletic build, typical of top-tier left tackles. … Adequate punch, and will extend his arms and get his hands on the numbers to keep defenders at bay. … Gets to linebackers at the second level very well and hits the moving target. … Able to adjust to oncoming defenders in space. … Positions himself to seal the edge using quick feet and good hand placement. … Can cut-block defensive ends on his side to give the quarterback a lane on quick throws.

Negatives: A bit slow to move his feet at times, relying on his length too much. … Other times he drops back too far, allowing the end to twist inside untouched. … Plays a bit tall in pass protection. … Struggles to reach down to block to the guard when he doesn't explode from his stance. … Could sustain blocks better in space.

He's definitely on the Bronco's board, and we prefer our guys huge and plodding, so it's unlikely he ends up here.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
He has the look for sure.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
silverbear;2648383 said:
I think he's a finesse blocker, from a finesse system... as such, he'd be a perfect fit for the Broncos, not so much for the Boys...

I've watched him at SC and I wouldn't draft him at all. He's too inconsistent. For his sake I hope my opinion of him is wrong. He may do well in a zone blocking scheme.

RamziD

Reaction score
As far as possible OL to look really hard at in the 2nd-4th rounds (if we choose to go there): Duke Robinson (2nd), Louis Vasquez (3rd), Fenuki Tupou (3rd or 4th).

RamziD

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2648818 said:
I'd rather have a finesse blocker than potentially Phil Loadholt at LT

Agree. Loadholt is overrated and he will be a wasted draft pick if we should somehow take him.