3b RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno State
4 OT Jared Veldheer Hillsdale
6 PR KR Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
7 C/OG Erik Cook, New Mexico

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3222953 said:
How do you trade down from 32 and still have a 1st?

oh a sooth sayer or is that the magic eight ball ?

you know for sure were winning the SB ?

that our 1 st pick

it might not be in the first round

but still my first pick as of right know

The Realist

Reaction score
If you are saying Iupati is going to last til 2 I'll take something similar to version A minus the midget non-return man.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Why do you think Dexter will still be sitting there in the 6th? Do you have some reason why you're thinking he'll fall that far?

I'm just curious as I have no idea where he's slotted to possibly go.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3223225 said:
how come in one trade down scenario we get a 2nd and another we get a 3rd?

because you an I have know idea what they will be asking or who they are trading with - it could be late 2 nd or early 3 rd - or it could be early 2 round or a late 3 rd

who knows its all speculation on our part

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3223432 said:
Why do you think Dexter will still be sitting there in the 6th? Do you have some reason why you're thinking he'll fall that far?

Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
Height: 5-8. Weight: 166.
Projected 40 Time: 4.36.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.

plus at 5'8 I don't think he will go any higher

its just where he might fall hell he may even fall Undrafted

Senior Dexter McCluster has been nearly unstoppable the last two games and rewrote the Rebel record book against Arkansas. He is averaging 154.5 rushing yards and 231.5 all-purpose yards over the last two weeks. With a career-high 22 carries each outing, he recorded his first two 100-yard rushing games and totaled a career-high 186 at Auburn, which is the most by a Rebel since BenJarvus Green-Ellis ran for 226 yards against Missouri in 2007. McClusters' 79-yard TD run Saturday marked the longest rush of his career and the longest by an Ole Miss player since Deuce McAllister galloped 80 yards for a score against Oklahoma in the 1999 Independence Bowl. Against the Razorbacks, McCluster became the first Rebel in the modern era (records dating back to 1965) to top the 100-yard mark in both rushing and receiving. McCluster posted team highs of 123 rushing yards and a career-high 137 receiving yards off a career high-tying seven grabs. He finished with 260 all-purpose yards, which is the most by a Rebel since McCluster's own career-best 268-yard performance in his Ole Miss debut against Memphis in 2006. McCluster has jumped to first on the team in rushing (59.0 ypg) and second in receiving (27 rec, 352 yds) this season. Last year, McCluster joined Florida’s Percy Harvin as the only players to rank top 10 in the SEC in rushing yards, receiving yards, receptions and all-purpose yards.

Mancini’s Take: Much like Percy Harvin, McCluster is an all-purpose offensive threat that can hurt you running the ball out of multiple formations, as well as lining up at quarterback, receiver and return man. The obvious difference between the two is that Harvin is a much bigger and powerful player, whereas the 5’7’ 160-pound McCluster is a tiny performer, which defenders have a hard time seeing in traffic. Years ago, more NFL teams would’ve shied away from taking a shot on such a small athlete, but as the pro game has slowly evolved to where offenses are now incorporating elements of the Wildcat and various read-option plays, McCluster has some definite value. With that being said, durability issues do exist here with the senior, who has missed time with shoulder and ankle injuries. At the next level, the electrifying playmaker projects as a jack-of-all-trades role player who will be at his best with limited snaps. His best assets are his fearlessness in how he quickly reads his blocks and attacks the middle of a defense along with his fluid running style and quickness in and out of his breaks. His second gear in the open field make him a big play threat. As a receiver, the diminutive weapon has terrific hands to catch the ball away from his body, but might have some problems getting off the line of scrimmage in traditional sets. His size may make him difficult to see on deeper routes, which probably makes McCluster a more viable option on short screens and quick out routes. His ball security has also been suspect when running in traffic. If used properly, the little Rebel can excel in a Leon Washington-type role.
var _JOOMLACOMMENT_MSG_DELETE = 'Are you sure you want to delete this comment?'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_MSG_DELETEALL = 'Are you sure you want to delete all comments?'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_WRITECOMMENT = 'Write comment'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_SENDFORM = 'Send'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_EDITCOMMENT = 'Edit comment'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_EDIT = 'Edit'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_FORMVALIDATE = 'Please insert at least a comment.'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_FORMVALIDATE_CAPTCHA = 'Please input the anti-spam code that you can read in the image.'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_FORMVALIDATE_CAPTCHA_FAILED = 'Anti-spam code is not correct. Please input the code that you can read in the image.'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_FORMVALIDATE_EMAIL = 'To be notified, please enter your email'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_ANONYMOUS = 'Anonymous'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_BEFORE_APPROVAL = 'Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval.'; var _JOOMLACOMMENT_REQUEST_ERROR = 'Request failed';

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3223136 said:
If you are saying Iupati is going to last til 2 I'll take something similar to version A minus the midget non-return man.

Mike Iupati
Projection: 1st/2nd Round

or give me

Jon Asamoah
Height: 6-4
Weight: 315
40 T: 5.06
Projection: 2nd Round

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3223432 said:

I really want another DT to fit there

maybe Boo Robinson, Wake Forest

I think we need a PR an KRbut maybe we can find one in UDFA market

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3224078 said:
I'll take Zane Beadles as my future LG and Chris Scott as my future RG.

nothing wrong with either guy IMO

now this guy is interesting

as A C/G

Maurkice Pouncey, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 318.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
1/12/10: Maurkice Pouncey has declared for the 2010 NFL Draft. Pouncey is a versatile player who can play center, guard and right tackle. He could be drafted early on Day 2

at least we could get rid of Procter

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3224355 said:
why not have a STAY PUT OPTION?

dang forgot that one - lol

ok here you go

1 OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
2 DT Lamar Houston, Texas
3 FS Robert Johnson, Utah
6 DT Boo Robinson, Wake Forest

The Realist

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3224337 said:
nothing wrong with either guy IMO

now this guy is interesting

as A C/G

Maurkice Pouncey, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 318.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
1/12/10: Maurkice Pouncey has declared for the 2010 NFL Draft. Pouncey is a versatile player who can play center, guard and right tackle. He could be drafted early on Day 2

at least we could get rid of Procter

Yeah, I've kind of heard of him and was taking him in my mocks before anyone had a clue he was coming out.

You were one who had issues with it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3224400 said:
dang forgot that one - lol

ok here you go

1 OG Mike Iupati, Idaho
2 DT Lamar Houston, Texas
3 FS Robert Johnson, Utah
6 DT Boo Robinson, Wake Forest

trade our 3rd for a 4th and 5th

1 - OG Mike Iupati - Idaho
2 - DT Lamarr Houston - Texas
4 - ILB Pat Angerer - Iowa
4 - CB Rafael Priest - TCU or CB Patrick Stoudamire - Western Illinois
5 - OT Jared Veldheer - Hillsdale
6 - CB Walter McFadden - Auburn
7 - DE Brandon Deaderick - Alabama

or

Trade our 1st and 2nd to move up in the 1st round
Trade our 4th for a 5th and 6th

1 - S Earl Thomas - Texas
3 - DT Lamarr Houston - Texas
5 - OT Jared Veldheer - Hillsdale
6 - LB Adrian Tracy - William & Mary
6 - CB Walter McFadden - Auburn
7 - DE Brandon Deaderick - Alabama

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3224567 said:
Yeah, I've kind of heard of him and was taking him in my mocks before anyone had a clue he was coming out.

You were one who had issues with it.

yeah yeah I know but we can change our minds

The Realist

Reaction score
If we could come out of the 2nd round with Pouncy and Houston I would be very happy.

You could go with Pouncy at LG when Kosier is done or just have insane depth with Pouncy as a backup for a couple years.

That is after all what we had in the 90's.

Insane depth.