Twitter: Jane Slater: Cowboys interested in Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why I hate that the draft is after free agency. It's a WR rich draft this year. If the Cowboys find value there at the position then there is no reason to sign a guy like Sanders. But they can't risk that now.

Draft in March. FA starts in April.

ksg811

Reaction score
Cooper, Gallup, Sanders would be a great receiver trio. All 3 are movable pieces that can play both on the outside and the slot. And with 2 creative offensive minds, they'll actually be used as such and not the "line up and beat your man" approach of Garrett.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This is why I hate that the draft is after free agency. It's a WR rich draft this year. If the Cowboys find value there at the position then there is no reason to sign a guy like Sanders. But they can't risk that now.

Agreed. The cowboys don’t want to pass on a quakity defensive player who falls, because they feel they need a receiver in the second or third round.

Loso86

Reaction score

No reason to not still draft a wr though. Especially if we get Sanders on a 2 or 1 year deal. Just let FA play out and hopefully we can draft best available player not need

dckid

Reaction score

If we can get him at a reasonable contract that would be nice but my guess is he will be expensive as the FA WR class is very thing now that Cooper is signed. Literally the next best guys are Robbie Anderson, Cobb, Sanders.
If the price is reasonable, and we find a 3rd WR in the draft, sanders can be a trade asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.