Video: Jane Slater on trading up

Gaede

Reaction score
Yeah she actually is plugged in.

I am not a great big fan of any trade up, or the targets mentioned.

I can support London, though I don't see he appeal with him. Same with Cross. But Penning?! Not a fan.

Giving up a 3 to get Zion is silly too. As is the thought that he's the best C in the draft. He hasn't played a down there. And there already is a can't miss, best C in this draft prospect with Linderbaum

reddyuta

Reaction score

I can support London, though I don't see he appeal with him. Same with Cross. But Penning?! Not a fan.

Giving up a 3 to get Zion is silly too. As is the thought that he's the best C in the draft. He hasn't played a down there. And there already is a can't miss, best C in this draft prospect with Linderbaum

i would give up our 3rd for Cross(maybe even next years 4th thrown in),we dont need to trade up for Burks or Zion.

RS12

Reaction score
Smith is getting a ton of interest as of late. He has 14 official visits and was forced to turn down requests because of his busy schedule. The list of official visits includes the Tennessee Titans, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Commanders, and an already completed visit with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jets worked out Smith and requested a visit but were left off the list due to his travel schedule.

The team to watch for Smith is Tennessee at pick No. 26. Smith would be an upgrade at right tackle over 2021 second-round pick Dillon Radunz, a natural guard. As previously reported, Smith long established himself as the fifth tackle in this year’s class, and some feel he could start his career at offensive guard and then kick out to tackle.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ross-evan-neal-offensive-tackle-class-rising/

Gaede

Reaction score
You only trade up for Stingley or Davis. Anything else is a joke

I would add Thibodeaux to that list.

Even then, I don't love it.

Guessing they'd be ok to lose a third with the idea of trading back up with their fourth and misc fifths

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of trading up knowing that 2nd/3rd rounder could be another starter for us.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I had zero faith when Fisher told us Dallas was trying to trade up into the top 14.
Still don't.

But I absolutely believe they have run pre-draft scenarios with targets so tempting they moved up AS HIGH AS 14.

A few notes: Dallas has told us they view 14-16 guys as R1 worthy.
They feel the depth of this draft is in rounds 3-4 where so many super seniors, and very good NFL prospects sit.

The draft charts says 24, r3(88), R6 (193) is basically an even swap with the Eagles at 18.
So, no I don't see them landing any higher than that and really even doing that unless they get a steal of a deal.

Jane is 100% plugged in but I also bet she was fed that data specifically so it gets posted.

I fully expect a small trade up if one comes at all unless a guy they rate top 10 falls outside the top 15 like CeeDee did.

Carson

Reaction score
I had zero faith when Fisher told us Dallas was trying to trade up into the top 14.
Still don't.

But I absolutely believe they have run pre-draft scenarios with targets so tempting they moved up AS HIGH AS 14.

A few notes: Dallas has told us they view 14-16 guys as R1 worthy.
They feel the depth of this draft is in rounds 3-4 where so many super seniors, and very good NFL prospects sit.

The draft charts says 24, r3(88), R6 (193) is basically an even swap with the Eagles at 18.
So, no I don't see them landing any higher than that and really even doing that unless they get a steal of a deal.

Jane is 100% plugged in but I also bet she was fed that data specifically so it gets posted.

I fully expect a small trade up if one comes at all unless a guy they rate top 10 falls outside the top 15 like CeeDee did.
I think a small move up to say New England is much realistic than going up to 14

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think a small move up to say New England is much realistic than going up to 14
Penning was the apple of their eye earlier. He has been mocked high, but I think there is a strong possibility he gets pushed to 18ish. He is the #4 OT, and the top two arent getting mocked in the top 3 picks as much. Ive seen Neal in the back end of the top 10. If that happens and Cross goes just inside the top 15, I could see Penning going around 18.

This draft is going to he a very fun watch

kevinhickey

Reaction score

Tyron Smith is nearly done. The front office thinking is getting a OT that they can play a year at LG until Tyron is done. It is accomplishing two things at once. They are probably thinking he is done now. I would not trade up for another receiver to be WR3.