Jane Slater says Dont discount Micah Parsons at 10

MikeB80

Reaction score
W
I hope it isn't.

Until it's proven inaccurate, I stay away at 10. You don't want that on your team.

I am still unclear of what was done. I read the espn article and it seemed like old school hazing. Or maybe a few of those penn state guys are closeted and were getting off on it.

either way this organization does not care what the players do. They would draft or sign anyone who has done anything.

Sydla

Reaction score
Might not but i think they need to get better at OL or fix the front 7 before CB.

They built this team to win with the run and pass. Yes you have to draft defense too, but we saw what a dominant OL can do in 2016. The team was just destroying teams with blocking. They were winning TOP by wide margins. Thats huge

You can fix the OL without having to throw high picks at it.

And 2016 was kind of an outlier. It was able to cover for the bad defense for a stretch but when they ran into a team that could score, TOP wouldn’t matter as much.

Fix the D. It’s doesn’t have to be elite but they lack the talent to even be average IMO.

RS12

Reaction score
I agree fixing the secondary before the front 7 is dumb. Not sure about a diva LB coming to a team with a notorious country club culture though.

Last edited:

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Teams needs a CB period. In fact they need 2. It would be foolish to pass up a Solid, big and polished CB. They don't come around often and Dallas isn't going to be drafting in the top 10 often.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Oh it's another one of these guys that doesn't think it matters who is playing cb

Dumb

Unless we're talking Deon Sanders or Champ Bailey type talent, I too would hesitate using a top 10 pick on a not-so-sure thing CB. QB pressures, or the ability to get to the QB with raw speed, is more of a sure thing. Even Kevin Smith (1992) was a 17th overall pick -- perfect spot for a CB. Terrance Newman was #5 overall in 2005. A long career in the NFL no doubt, but do any of you think Terrance "Toast" (while he was in Dallas) Newman was worthy of a top 10 pick?

I know some don't like to believe this, but if you improve your front 7 in terms of cutting off even a fraction of a second to get to the QB, you've already improved your secondary.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is it with you guys and these riddle me this thread titles?
It's click-bait culture. make the headline a teaser so you click. It's leaked from ads and news stories (where click mean $) to everwhere.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
I hope it isn't.

Until it's proven inaccurate, I stay away at 10. You don't want that on your team.

There is little evidence it is accurate. This isn't something new that just came up that anyone should be blindsided by. These allegations were public more than year ago and it was investigated by the school, police and district attorney. Not to mention the kid that made the claim has filed multiple federal lawsuits against Franklin and Penn State that got thrown out by the Judge. You can also find multiple quotes from former teammates stating it isn't accurate and that the kid making the claims was nothing but trouble from the moment he got on campus.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I think it’s crazy that some fans aren’t even interested in the impact he can make.

He's a problem waiting to happen in the city of Dallas. You don't invest in players with those issues. That city is going to bring out the true nature of who he really is?

Bizwah

Reaction score
W

I am still unclear of what was done. I read the espn article and it seemed like old school hazing. Or maybe a few of those penn state guys are closeted and were getting off on it.

either way this organization does not care what the players do. They would draft or sign anyone who has done anything.
Part of the accusation included slapping another teammate in the face with his..........

That's not old-school hazing.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
There is little evidence it is accurate. This isn't something new that just came up that anyone should be blindsided by. These allegations were public more than year ago and it was investigated by the school, police and district attorney. Not to mention the kid that made the claim has filed multiple federal lawsuits against Franklin and Penn State that got thrown out by the Judge. You can also find multiple quotes from former teammates stating it isn't accurate and that the kid making the claims was nothing but trouble from the moment he got on campus.

Where there is smoke their is usually fire!!!

HungryLion

Reaction score
He's a problem waiting to happen in the city of Dallas. You don't invest in players with those issues. That city is going to bring out the true nature of who he really is?

My guess is. You don’t know anything about him other than some article you read on the internet.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree fixing the secondary before the front 7 is dumb. Not sure about a diva LB coming to a club with a notorious country club culture though.
We are just going to try to cover receivers all day under the current rules while dudes like Basham attempt to find the QB.

And we sit and scratch our heads as to why we are on a treadmill.