Japanese company introduces man-shaped pillow...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ya know... this thing could go in MANY directions... notice at the bottom of the article when they describe the pillow they are developing for men...

man_pillow.jpg

Link

Man-shaped pillow for solo sleeper

By Kaori Hitomi in Nagareyama, Japan

AFTER a long night at work as a radio DJ, Junko Suzuki likes to snuggle at bedtime - and she says she's found the perfect partner: a man-shaped pillow.

Linen maker Kameo Corp.'s new "Boyfriend's Arm Pillow" - which consists of a headless torso and a stuffed arm that curls around the sleeper - might make some people uneasy.

But not Ms Suzuki, or about 1000 others in Japan who have bought the pillow, which Kameo says is the first of its kind. The product went on the market last December.

"I like to sleep holding someone's hand," Ms Suzuki, 34. "And this pillow makes me feel relaxed because I can hold the arm and feel something warm at my side."

Kameo, based in the southern Japanese city of ***uoka, says the pillow is not only an emotional comfort, but that its shape keeps the body balanced by supporting the sleeper from both sides.

Sleepers typically curl up in between the body of the pillow and the crooked arm, with the sleeper's head resting on the pillow's "bicep."

"My grandmother used to say that there is nothing more comfortable pillow than human," Kameo President Tomoki Kakehashi said. "So, I thought that maybe women would want to sleep on an arm-shaped pillow."

The pillow is only on sale in Japan, where customers can buy one for Y8500 ($106.8). Covered in a shirt-shaped pillow cover, it comes in blue, pink or green.

For Ms Suzuki, who is estranged from her husband, the pillow has definite advantages: It doesn't squirm or thrash in the night, and you know it'll be there in the morning.

"It keeps holding me all the way through," she said in her home outside of Tokyo. "I think this is great because this does not betray me."

One-size pillows do not fit all.

So Kameo is working up new models: muscular pillows for sleepers who like their pillows well-built; slender models for those after a more sensitive, vulnerable partner.

The company also has a prototype for its next big project: a female pillow for men. This one will be shaped like a woman's lap, with a "skirt" cover.

"I always thought someone's lap would the best pillow for me," Mr Kakehashi said.​

trickblue

Reaction score
SoTex said:
Interesting....... :eek:

I caught that as well... could be a popular item in the gay community as well (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I caught that as well... could be a popular item in the gay community as well (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

This product does seem a little Non-Hetero. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

trickblue

Reaction score
SoTex said:
This product does seem a little Non-Hetero. (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I agree... a pillow of their own is also deserved by the gay man (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I agree... a pillow of their own is also deserved by the gay man (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

Yea, but I'm thinkin' a pillow dressed in a leather vest, spiked dog collar and buttless chaps, AIN'T gonna be that comfortable to sleep on.

And for the record, (there's PLENTY wrong with that!!!)