Jared Goff signs extension

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Remember the Dakies was comparing Dak to Brady only a few weeks ago.

People continue to look at Goff having struggles near the end of the regular season and not being hot in the post-season and automatically call him trash. That's an extremely tough time of the year and Goff is not the first talented QB to struggle then. It has happened to Brees and even Peyton Manning multiple times. Defenses start to get it together and young QBs tend to not play at the highest level - it's one of the reasons you don't often see first or second year guys winning Super Bowls.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lmao why would he accept that? you're literally in a thread of Goff getting more than $32, why the hell would he accept $30M?

The argument in this place has been "What has Wentz accomplished" - now Goff comes up, he's been to a Super Bowl, and suddenly Dak is similar?

would this argument not be that Dak is not as good as Goff since Goff has accomplished more?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Both Wentz, and Goff are more talented quarterbacks than Prescott. If Dak is being offered 30 million he should jump all over it and put his pride aside. But like I've said all along I don't begrudge him his opportunity to get that one big contract because it might not come again. He's also exceeded everyone's expectations.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The argument in this place has been "What has Wentz accomplished" - now Goff comes up, he's been to a Super Bowl, and suddenly Dak is similar?

would this argument not be that Dak is not as good as Goff since Goff has accomplished more?

Wait so it's based off team success?
Well Dak has a **** ton more wins than Goff

Wood

Reaction score
Lmao why would he accept that? you're literally in a thread of Goff getting more than $32, why the hell would he accept $30M?

Goff numbers are better than Dak the last two years and I suspect most GM would take Goff. His arm is noticeably better and he dramatically improved his numbers from rookie year. Dak on other hand best numbers was his rookie year.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wait so it's based off team success?
Well Dak has a **** ton more wins than Goff

I'm using this forums argument that they have used against Wentz.

I will ask again, if Dak hasn't accomplished as much as Goff, that means Dak shouldn't get as much as Goff? Yes? Or are we now changing this?

Also, Goff has only lost 8 games in his two full seasons starting.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wentz falls short in the availability department. Dak beats him there. That's the most important stat of all. Give me Dak.

Techsass

Reaction score
Every young QB sucks except Dak.

Watch, if Patrick Mahomes has a slight down year, this place will be calling him garbage and come up with some crappy nickname.
We do that when other team's players have pro-bowl seasons. Nothing personal, but they aint part of us so they're obviously less than our guys.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak, you better just sign the deal in front of you, because it aint getting better.

Altestic

Reaction score
Is Goff considered top 10 QB by most standards?
yes. Bottom of the top 10 for sure, but Top 10 nonetheless. These guys will move up the ladder quickly because 3 of them are retiring in the next few years.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I’d take a super bowl over never making a championship game every day of the week
So would everybody, but it's pointless when discussing contracts.

Unless you're saying Bradham should have been paid more than Jaylon.

Either it's entirely based off team success or it isnt. Randomly selecting certain team success to gauge a players value is pretty damn stupid lmao.

Altestic

Reaction score
What makes Dak better than Goff?
Absolutely nothing.

Oh wait, he had Jeff Fisher his rookie year. Head coach and de facto OC. Stinks.

Jared Goff can't ru- oh wait, his finishing blow against the Cowboys was a nifty rush for a 1st down with his legs, on 3rd & long, which allowed the Rams to essentially go victory formation from there.

Wentz and Goff > Prescott.

Deal with it.