Jared Goff signs extension

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No you chimed in before that, and that was my response to your quote.

Good try though little buddy. Team success is going and post season results are the same thing... LMAO. Are you really this slow?

Your argument was that Goff had more team success(going to the super bowl) than Dak so be should get paid more. Which means you obviously believes that Dak should get paid more than Wentz(more team wins AND playoff wins).

You can try to go off on another tangent, but just dont bother I won't make you look any worse. You see how stupid an argument you presented is now and That's what's important.

You literally quoted me from when I quoted your wins point. Not sure what else you're referring to otherwise. You seem confused?

aaev84

Reaction score
Goff numbers are better than Dak the last two years and I suspect most GM would take Goff. His arm is noticeably better and he dramatically improved his numbers from rookie year. Dak on other hand best numbers was his rookie year.
Honestly, I know it's a dead horse but put a healthy Romo on that 2016 team and he likely has a year even greater than 2014. Possibly a top 5 career year compared to all other QBs to ever play the game. Dak did as good as you can ask for a rookie as far as protecting the ball... But that line and Zeke having their way sure didnt hurt. Who knows, maybe Dak has a Roethlisberger like career. I hope so. Roethlisberger went 15-1 as a rookie if I recall.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
4TH ROUNDER. I see what he does on the field. Goff is a noodle arm at times. Dak needs to learn touch. Goff was exposed in the SB. Was GAWD AWFUL.

Goff has a better arm than Dak.

You can’t judge leadership from your couch.

McVay was outmatched by Bellichick, showing a D they hadn’t put on film and McVay didn’t adjust. Neither had a good game. I’m not a huge Goff fan but to say Dak is better isn’t realistic.

Dak is clutch down the stretch but he is a middling QB for long stretches. Nick Foles was the same way. Not a knock just the facts.

Last edited:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak deserves just over what Wentz and Goff get since he is better than both. $34 million seems like the fair market price now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Goff has a better arm than Dak.

And you can’t judge leadership from your couch.
WOW...step down from your pedestal man. You a Rams fan? I am admittedly partial to Dak. Nothing for me to hide. I bleed blue. But the facts are Goff laid an egg in the SB. Dak is my guy, for better or worse.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

It might be in his best interest to wait until Mahomes gets done in April... but then he'd have to have a 'prove it' season (thought I doubt that would cost him anything if he stumbled, Dallas has all their eggs in his basket)

Bigdog

Reaction score
The leader stuff is total BS, unless you are in the locker room you have no clue what kind of leader these guys are.

And no Goff and Dak aren’t that close physically, if they were Dak wouldn’t have been a 3rd rounder.
He wasn’t. He was a 4th rounder.

Fire407

Reaction score
Dak is more mobil than Goff. The coaches should use his ability to run more than they have in the past.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
That is true.

When you compare the post Amari numbers it becomes a little more clear what Dak can do with legitimate threats at WR.

Post Amari #s

Dak vs Goff last 9 weeks of 2018 season.

Dak

• ⁠228-320 • ⁠2,468 Pass Yards • ⁠14 pass TD • ⁠4 INT • ⁠4 Rush TD • ⁠6 Fumbles

Goff

• ⁠212-343 • ⁠2,558 pass yards • ⁠18 TD • ⁠7 INT • ⁠2 Rush TD • ⁠8 Fumbles

And if you add in playoff runs for each in 2018 it becomes

Post Amari

Goff

• ⁠12 games
• ⁠21 TD
• ⁠19 Int/Fumbles

Dak

• ⁠11 games
• ⁠22 TD
• ⁠11 Int/Fumbles

Fire407

Reaction score
WOW...step down from your pedestal man. You a Rams fan? I am admittedly partial to Dak. Nothing for me to hide. I bleed blue. But the facts are Goff laid an egg in the SB. Dak is my guy, for better or worse.
Golf's favorite receiver Cooper Kupp didn't play in the Super Bowl. I think that made some difference, but maybe still not enough for the Rams to win.

jwitten82

Reaction score
That is true.

When you compare the post Amari numbers it becomes a little more clear what Dak can do with legitimate threats at WR.

Post Amari #s

Dak vs Goff last 9 weeks of 2018 season.

Dak

• ⁠228-320 • ⁠2,468 Pass Yards • ⁠14 pass TD • ⁠4 INT • ⁠4 Rush TD • ⁠6 Fumbles

Goff

• ⁠212-343 • ⁠2,558 pass yards • ⁠18 TD • ⁠7 INT • ⁠2 Rush TD • ⁠8 Fumbles

And if you add in playoff runs for each in 2018 it becomes

Post Amari

Goff

• ⁠12 games
• ⁠21 TD
• ⁠19 Int/Fumbles

Dak

• ⁠11 games
• ⁠22 TD
• ⁠11 Int/Fumbles
Dont foret Goff lost Kupp for last 8 games

Reaction score
Overall, Dak and Goff are pretty close.

Goff is clearly more accurate. A better pure thrower.

Dak is stronger, more mobile and a weapon carrying the ball. Has the intangibles too.

It's all a matter of what you prefer.

And Dak has a massive disadvantage regarding his HC.