Twitter: Jarvis Landry beats Jaylon at Dodgeball

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Obviously I am way out of touch with dodgeball. I remember playing dodgeball in an area half that size growing up, whether it was during PE or a pickup game after school.

Opponents did not have all day to react. Instinct would save you from getting hit because the person throwing the ball was pretty darn close when they let it fly.

Cold basketballs were the best kind for dodgeball. Those suckers hit hard when someone throws with all their might from 18-20 feet away--especially upside the head. :laugh:
I used to LOVE dodgeball in PE. Loved it. I'd taunt the biggest dudes and catch their heaters with one hand.
Ah... the halcyon days.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
throwing.. catching... swiping

I'd buy the throwing and catching if they were footballs, but they are not so how does that ball help throwing and catching FOOTBALLS? That's like saying in the off season QB's go to MLB spring training camps to throw baseballs to help them with throwing footballs. I get it that it was entertainment but in reality has ZERO to do with football.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’ve always thought it should be in a different city every year and be about fan interaction
The skills stuff was fun to watch but meet and greets with fans. Playing around kids and such would be cool
No one wants to watch a fake football game

More fan interaction is a good idea.

Whatever they do, it should start with ending the fake football game.

conner01

Reaction score
I'd buy the throwing and catching if they were footballs, but they are not so how does that ball help throwing and catching FOOTBALLS? That's like saying in the off season QB's go to MLB spring training camps to throw baseballs to help them with throwing footballs. I get it that it was entertainment but in reality has ZERO to do with football.
Probably wouldn’t be a good idea to throw a football at someone’s face
One colts lineman got smacked in the face
It’s not intended to be about football
But it’s entertaining especially to the kids there

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Obviously I am way out of touch with dodgeball. I remember playing dodgeball in an area half that size growing up, whether it was during PE or a pickup game after school.

Opponents did not have all day to react. Instinct would save you from getting hit because the person throwing the ball was pretty darn close when they let it fly.

Cold basketballs were the best kind for dodgeball. Those suckers hit hard when someone throws with all their might from 18-20 feet away--especially upside the head. :laugh:
We used those red rubber balls. A combination of big and small ones. The small ones were about 2/3 the size of the bigger ones and were obviously harder to catch and easier to throw hard. IIRC, we only had 2 of those. We played on a basketball court, so I think about the same size as the one here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Back in my day, we used basketballs for dodgeballs. If they were locked up, we stole corn dogs from the cafeteria. If they didn’t have those, we’d go to shop class and steel wrenches.

#dodgeballcte
giphy.gif

EST_1986

Reaction score
its a skills challenge not a football challenge. Dodge ball is some sort of a skill..

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is news? lol.... Did Jarvis get wrenches thrown at him training for it?