News: Jarwin: I have to prove I deserve what Cowboys gave me

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Assuming his blocking was a major reason why he didn’t get a lot of reps, does anyone know what’s required of the TE in Big Mac’s Offense? If it’s not a huge requirement I think Jake is going to have an excellent year catching the football. He appears to be a very fluid runner.
Mcarthy had Jimmy Graham. He obviously doesnt take blocking as serious as clapper at tight end

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys want to get the most out of the offense they have they need an elite TE. That would put the cherry on the top for this offense. Most of the real good teams in the league have an elite TE. I just don’t see Jarwin ever being an elite TE. He’s a good player but nothing special. We’ll find out this season assuming there is a season what he really is. He’s certainly going to be given a chance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The most concerning thing about Jarwin is his inability to block. He was ranked something like 65th in blocking last season at his position which was near the bottom. This resulted in him seeing less snaps later in the season. He’s acknowledged that he has a lot of things to work on.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarwin will prove himself but I also expect the Cowboys to explore bringing in a vet TE at the last minute.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Assuming his blocking was a major reason why he didn’t get a lot of reps, does anyone know what’s required of the TE in Big Mac’s Offense? If it’s not a huge requirement I think Jake is going to have an excellent year catching the football. He appears to be a very fluid runner.
Zeke is in the backfield.

He better block his butt off and help pass blocking, too.

I think we see alot more of Schultz than we think we will.

His rookie year was quiet and becuz Rico Gaithers was around..

Shultz did not do much.

I think he is better than any of us know.

We'll see.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blake-jarwin-prove-deserve-cowboys-110525435.html

Jarwin is going to be huge for the offense this season.

So glad Witten is gone.
Hard for me to say.

I mean for awhile he was competing against Rico Gaithers and not even beating Swaim until Swaim got hurt.

Now he has beat out Schultz supposedly.

That is not reassuring to me.

So Jarwin makes a few 3rd down catches last year and you guys start a worship club?

I think we screwed the pooch not signing a FA or drafting another one.

Look at Philly and how they tore us up with TEs and made the playoffs.

They have TEs to spare. We got TEs we need to discard and find new ones.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I really like Jake Blarwin.

fivetwos

Reaction score

So glad Witten is gone.
Dallas media last year to Garrett as to why Jarwin doesnt play more...

"Because Witten is a heck of a tight end"

Why for the life of me the follow up wasnt....

"Are you completely blind, the guy clearly cant run anymore?"

Dont know. Soft media? Jerry doesn't want people asking tough questions because he cant handle it?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good to hear someone is satisfied with his contract. Here's hoping he earns every cent of it.

We should come to love all the extra yardage he's going to get beyond what Witten used to.

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His three best TE's in GB during his tenure there were Finley, Bennett and Graham. Finley and Graham weren't goid blocker, but Bennett was. So it looks he can go both ways, but doesnt require a blocking TE

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Dude took advantage of being an afterthought. Don’t understand why they paid him what they did.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

So glad Witten is gone.
As long as they dont use that dual te passing attack and sub Jarwin and use some dual slot wrs and rbs I will be happy. If he hasnt popped by the 3rd game he needs reps cut back. I have zero faith in this 3 td a year te core. 8 straight games without a td playing all those red zone snaps concerns me. Hopefully this coach isnt ignorant