Jason Fabini... We've seen his kind before?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Could he be one of those type of players that looks lethargic in practice, but when the lights come on he's a different player.

I was really encouraged by his play last night.

What did you guys think?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think he HAS to stay.

We just cannot go into the season with Columbo, McQuistan and Pettiti as the RT and backups.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think he's a vet who was a bit out of sorts because he was coming off the first major injury of his career (at least as a veteran rather than a young guy) - he's a decent RT

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Ok, I admit I have a hard time focusing on one player during a game. I know Fabini didn't allow a sack. But that's all I could really honestly say. Same thing for Columbo in the 2nd half. Any filmologists out there that really broke down our RT play?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WilmingtonHeel said:
I think he stays as 4th string and McQuistan ( who has impress) go to the Practice Squad

McQ won't make it to the practice squad.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He pretty much held Charles Grant completely in check. I'm not sure Grant was even credited for a hurry or a tackle. Run blocking, Fabini made the key blocks that sprung Julius for an 8 yard and 11 yard off tackle on the first drive.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
He got good bonus $$ to help us in training camp ......I don't believe he will make the roster.

Smith22

Reaction score
I just watched the 1st half for a 2nd time and tried focusing on Gurode and Fabini. Fabini looked much better than I expected after all of the negative talk from camp. Gurode looked ok, he played better than Al did for sure, against tougher players as well. Al is really mobile, but he seems to roam around and not really block anyone, he just kind of gets in the way.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
McQ won't make it to the practice squad.

no, McQ has to stay. we may end up going light on the interior line. Looking like the backups are Johnson(or Gurode) and Proctor (starters Kosier, Gurode (or Johnson), and Rivera. At OT we have to carry Flo, Petitti, Columbo, Fabini, and McQ. That would be 10. Bill won't like it but if Gurode starts at C, he's also backing up G.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think Pettiti is the odd man out. He's not good enough to start, and McQuinstan will supplant him as the developmental guy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi said:
I think Pettiti is the odd man out. He's not good enough to start, and McQuinstan will supplant him as the developmental guy.

You know that could happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As crazy as it might sound, Petitti may be the odd man out!

But if it were possible, I hope the Cowboys keep all of their tackles and try to have one play some at guard.

I would like to see them keep 10:

Adams
McQuistan
Kosier
Procter
Gurode
Johnson
Rivera
Columbo
Fabini
Petitti

This roster is looking tougher to trim down all the time.....

NOVA 22

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

That would be crazy, but seems more likely each passing day.
I'd still bet that Parcells just knows what he has with Petitii right now (and likes him) - and that they will actually try to get McQ to the practice squad.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

I'm trying hard not to speculate too much but I will anyway a bit. I was reading how Fabini was a lost cause almost every day but now he seems to be very much alive. I'm not sure how much Pat McQuistan did to really solidify his spot because he whiffed on the sack and on a couple of running plays that I saw. But he did play a year at guard so the flexibility factor could help him and Parcells openly praised him last week which you generally don't do with a guy you want to slip to the practice squad. So I tend to think he stays.

BUT Rob could actually benefit if Fabini was named the starter at RT. If they feel Columbo can't play LT and that McQuistan is too green to dress, Rob could still be the choice at swing tackle and Columbo would then be out. If Parcells does what he says he's going to do and decides on a starter at RT that may clear things up some on the fate of the backups.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok, this is how I see the offensive line
Flozell Adams LOT (Petti backup LOT) McQuistan backup both OT
Kosier LOG
Gurode Center Al Johnson backup
Riveria ROG Proctor backup to LOG & ROG (also Gurode can play G)
Fabini ROT (why he has blocked better in runs & decent pass protection) Colombo backup ROT

Thats 10 offensive linemen, I think they will keep 9, Stephen Peterman is on the way out. They may try to move Proctor to pratice squad, but keep McQuistan on full squad. The Raiders would grab him up in a heart beat, being the twin brother of Pat, that is starting OG for the Raiders, and you know how Al Davis likes to raid the Cowboy players sometimes.

fortdick

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Not a chance. I tried to watch him closely during the second half. He did an outstanding job at LT. Maybe that is his natural position. But the plays where the ESPN cameras showed him, he did very well, both run blocking and pass blocking.

Pettiti might have to move left behind Flo.

silver

Reaction score
Proctor may be the odd man out. as much as BP loves the guy, he's a guard and those are less valuable than tackles. pettiti, fabini and even McQ can fill in at guard in a pinch.