Jason Fabini

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I think Fabini just made it a lot harder for Bill to cut him. Someone smarter than me can break down the film, but I thought he looked very good. And NO has two pretty good ends. Maybe we carry 4 tackles.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't notice him too much, which of course is a great thing.

Has anyone seen Petitti yet?

jlust22

Reaction score
I think they will definitely carry 4 OT's. The question is who is the odd man out. Before tonight, it was assumed Fabini would have a hard time making the team. Maybe tonight changes that thought, I don't know. Petitti was supposed to play the 2nd half tonight, but McQuistan replaced Flozell when he got hurt and was in in 1st drive of the 2nd half. I wonder if something happened with Petitti because I haven't seen him tonight. But, perhaps his spot on the team isn't secure.

kilz

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Yeah, I didn't notice him too much, which of course is a great thing.

Has anyone seen Petitti yet?

I definetly noticed McQ!!!:bang2:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Better to have to many players than not enough good players like in '03

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
That was terrible. His hip was on the ground before the ball came out.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I watched Fabini when he was in. He looked pretty solid to me although I thought all the linemen struggled a bit in run blocking.

Did Peterman even play? I think he is as good as gone.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
only 5 WR's (Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Hurd and Rector), I don't see Green making it, shows little in return game and almost no receiving skills. I know he's a 4th rounder, but we'll just cut our losses.:lombardi: :lombardi:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I watched him on every snap, and he played well. His man really didn't come close to a sack. Most impressive was his run blocking. He threw some key blocks that led to some nice runs by Julius on his side.

I don't know .. I think Pettiti might be in trouble. I didn't take it as a good sign that McQuistan took Flozell's place.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
How did McQuistan play?

I saw like the first play when he went in, and he just basically let his guy past him...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I have to admit that I'm totally mystified about what will happen at OT.

I wonder if we could trade any of them for a late pick?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I was relieved to see the OLine tonight.
They still need some work but I have no doubt that they will be a positive this year...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The O-line play was improved some. I think the big thing is that BP will go with guys playing their normal positions from here on. I'm still optimistic.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Teague31 said:
I think Fabini just made it a lot harder for Bill to cut him. Someone smarter than me can break down the film, but I thought he looked very good. And NO has two pretty good ends. Maybe we carry 4 tackles.

He got beat once early on a busted run play. His fault. I wasn't impressed at all. I don't think he showed much yet.

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
only 5 WR's (Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Hurd and Rector), I don't see Green making it, shows little in return game and almost no receiving skills. I know he's a 4th rounder, but we'll just cut our losses.:lombardi: :lombardi:

We can put Green on the practice squad, I doubt any other team would sign him to their active roster especially since hasn't shown much in the way of a return game either.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
SloppyOctopuss said:
We can put Green on the practice squad, I doubt any other team would sign him to their active roster especially since hasn't shown much in the way of a return game either.

I bet Saban would pick him up.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Dolphins have a deeper group of WR's than we do.

I think we keep 5 WR's : Owens, Glenn, Crayton, Hurd and Rector. Try to put Green on the PS...if not him, then Austin to develop. I don't think Green is worth keeping even if we keep 6...I'd take Cooper. I know, I know...Copper.

On the OL,,,I think we keep 9, with four tackles. I think we only keep three guards, because Gurode can play guard with Johnson at C if we lose two guards. Tarullo and maybe Batiste to the PS.

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
Awakened said:
I bet Saban would pick him up.

Miami seems to be pretty solid at the WR position, besides I don't think Green has a rap sheet does he?

He wouldn't fit in there unless he has at least one felony.