Jason Garrett Appreciation Thread

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'm sure Jason is (a) reading this thread, as he surely always visits this board, and (b) is just shattered, and (c) feels shame for what a worthless human being he is.

Reality check. It's, rather, just more of the same patting selves on the back who need constant reassurance that they have friends who think like they do.

Sports should just be about entertainment, but it's not. For a great many, it is their primary device for ego gratification and for socializing.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'm sure Jason is (a) reading this thread, as he surely always visits this board, and (b) is just shattered, and (c) feels shame for what a worthless human being he is.

Reality check. It's, rather, just more of the same patting selves on the back who need constant reassurance that they have friends who think like they do.

Sports should just be about entertainment, but it's not. For a great many, it is their primary device for ego gratification and for socializing.

And yet here you are defending the guy on this forum, like Garrett is your friend.

_sturt_

Reaction score
And yet here you are defending the guy on this forum, like Garrett is your friend.

But we both know he's not.

I was among the first to say on this forum last season, he had to go unless he could pull off a NFC CG appearance at minimum.

So, it's not really defending him, as-if I feel he needs defended.

Rather, it's shining light on what this really is.

As much as that may offend you.

erod

Reaction score
Garrett finally convinced Jerry to stop his fascination with shiny toys and focus on building the offensive line and defensive front seven.

For that, I really appreciated the guy.

Before Garrett, we drafted early the likes of Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, Jason Williams, Martellus Bennett....while too often ignoring the offensive line. Remember before Parcells, when we drafted Dwayne Goodrich, Tony Dixon, Quincy Carter, Roy Williams, Terrance Williams, Antonio Bryant, Derek Ross.......yuck.

When Garrett took over, we got Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, Demarcus Lawrence.....and the year we were in line to get Fletcher Cox, Jerry got excited and jumped up high to take Morris Claiborne.

Garrett did a lot of good by circumnavigating Jerry about as well as he could.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Garrett finally convinced Jerry to stop his fascination with shiny toys and focus on building the offensive line and defensive front seven.

For that, I really appreciated the guy.

Before Garrett, we drafted early the likes of Felix Jones, Mike Jenkins, Jason Williams, Martellus Bennett....while too often ignoring the offensive line. Remember before Parcells, when we drafted Dwayne Goodrich, Tony Dixon, Quincy Carter, Roy Williams, Terrance Williams, Antonio Bryant, Derek Ross.......yuck.

When Garrett took over, we got Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin, Demarcus Lawrence.....and the year we were in line to get Fletcher Cox, Jerry got excited and jumped up high to make Morris Claiborne.

Garrett did a lot of good by circumnavigating Jerry about as well as he could.

Not sure they're actually trolling for serious answers, here, @erod . But fwiw, I think there's a lot of merit to what you've outlined here.