Audio: Jason Garrett like you've never heard him

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Bob Sturm‏@SportsSturm10h
The Garrett Interview is now available: http://usave.it/media/rec-8Nhh2qP9AfxaWk5i7OJA.mp3… and (by design) is filled with questions that you seldom hear him discuss.

Not bad if you're into the Ticket kind of programming. They're into more of a human interest/men's talk kind of format, and personally I like to listen to the X's and O's and what's going on with the team/player type stuff.

That's why I'm more of a 103.3 fan not as much the other two (105.3 and 1310) which tend to stray off topic often.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Oh man how long is this? There's no indication on the page, I'm not really about to delve into an hour/ hour and a half interview

erod

Reaction score
Not bad if you're into the Ticket kind of programming. They're into more of a human interest/men's talk kind of format, and personally I like to listen to the X's and O's and what's going on with the team/player type stuff.

That's why I'm more of a 103.3 fan not as much the other two (105.3 and 1310) which tend to stray off topic often.

Did you know that The Ticket is now in charge of ESPN, and soon will be taking over the 103.3 spot?

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2013/08/07/the-ticket-takes-over-dallas-espn-103-3-ctd/

The Ticket's ratings absolutely obliterate ESPN. Other than Galloway, who's retiring in December, the ESPN audience is almost nonexistent.

It'll be interesting to see where the Ticket takes ESPN, which will go to 1310 AM.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They get into X an O talk at some point.

Bob Sturm loves the X and O talk more than any of the mainstream media in DFW.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Everyone should take the little bit of time that it takes to listen to this.

This guy is the head coach of your favorite team, .. find out where he came from and what shaped him into the person/guy/coach that he is.

Just my suggestion.

erod

Reaction score
They get into X an O talk at some point.

Bob Sturm loves the X and O talk more than any of the mainstream media in DFW.

Sturm is an absolute maniac when it comes to this stuff. Hard not to respect him.

Although I do wonder if the man ever sleeps. He watches every game imaginable, every TV series going, blogs constantly, tweets every five minutes, attends church regularly, and adopts kids from El Savador in his spare time.

Makes me feel rather inadequate. LOL

FiveRings

Reaction score
This is what everyone calling Garrett a robot is hoping to hear. Personally, I couldn't care less, I'm much more interested to hear him talk football, pertaining to us and this team.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
WV is right. I was able to hear the interview live yesterday. It was really good. Garrett moved away from his scripted responses and was really enjoyable to listen to.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Garret t came across as likable while the interview went on, at the start he sounded like his normal self, real good listen to see his love for the game and what keeps him ticking. Also funny to hear stupid questions asked because of Wikipedia entries.

erod

Reaction score
Garret t came across as likable while the interview went on, at the start he sounded like his normal self, real good listen to see his love for the game and what keeps him ticking. Also funny to hear stupid questions asked because of Wikipedia entries.

LOL, yep, this wasn't the best advertisement for wikipedia.

hra8700

Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't listened, this podcast is about Jason Garrett's life growing up...nothing football related. I personally don't care at all about his life, so I thought it was a waste of time. Others like learning about the life of players and coaches on their team, if so it's a good listen. Just letting people know what they're in for.

PS: There was no problem with wikipedia, they just had terrible reading comprehension, haha.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Wow, JG is an actual human being with thoughts and feelings and experiences of his own. Who'd a thunk it??:rolleyes:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
27 1/2 actually.

I didn't think I would like it or listen to the entire interview, .. but once again, as I stated in a previous post in this thread, ... if you are a Cowboys fan, .. take the 27 1/2 minutes and listen.