Audio: Jason Garrett like you've never heard him

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Great listen. This is the second interview I have heard with Garret in the last few weeks where he does not come off guarded. Thanks for the post!

sacase

Reaction score
It was a good interview, you can see into what things have shaped his decision making process. He even talks about using plays to set up other plays and the run pass ratio and the realities that coaches face come game day, so its not all about his life. But it is interesting to see how he has been around professional athletes pretty much his whole life.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
If you don't like that interview you are crazy. That is the closest thing to real conversation that I've ever heard and it was refreshing and gives you some confidence that the team you spend way to much time thinking about is truly in capable hands. Most of what you get out of a normal press conference is little more than what you would get from a press secretary of a political campaign. I can understand why it is like that but they have nearly no probative value then 20 reporters take notes and turn two or three bullet points and turn it into 750 words with little to no analysis.

There was far more value in this. It had interesting biographical points that helped you understand how important football is to the guy and why Jerry would stick with him because he should be successful as a coach given his background intellect detailed methodoligical manner and experience.

It also is pretty insightful from an x and o standpoint that the guy is willing to design an offense around his personnel.

I don't know if he is a guy where he gives a side of the ball a distinct advantage. Really only McCarthy, Peyton , wade, belichick Rex and a handful of others have top 5 or 10 units follow them to different places and major personnel changes. But the guy is at least not going to stubbornly run his stuff no matter the capability of his lines or qb. That should be good enough if marinelli can do what he usually does for d lines.

Reactions: BAZ

pancakeman

Reaction score
Great listen. This is the second interview I have heard with Garret in the last few weeks where he does not come off guarded.

If you don't like that interview you are crazy. That is the closest thing to real conversation that I've ever heard and it was refreshing.

I thought it was interesting to hear Garrett say a couple of times, with real authenticity, that he enjoyed the interview and was happy to do it. It's like he is as eager as we to see the guard go down a little -- like he was refreshed by it too.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
511cd7c4e4c05.image.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That was a really good interview. It's amazing how many sports and sport figures Garrett has been around.

It's to bad that he does not froth at the mouth on the sidelines, he might be a better coach! :cool:

Oh, real Cowboy fans should listen to the whole interview. Yeah, I said it...real Cowboy FANS,

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Too much is being made this summer of how different some think Garrett sounds in pressers and interviews. I'll take more of an interest in what he has to say when and if the team starts winning under him. I find myself tuning him out more and more it's going to take wins for me to buy into anything he has to say. No one is going to tune out Bill Gates or Tiger Woods when they talk about what it takes to be successful.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/0_zps29e262a5.jpg

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He did an an interview with some radio guys and one of hosts dad calls in because he is a huge Cowboys fan. It might have been with the guys from LA. Garret was really funny.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great, great fun. For the life of me, I don't understand how people can not like this guy. Put aside whatever you think about him as HC for a second, but the guy just is really smart and really loves the game. Plus, he's a Cowboy, tied to our last Superbowl runs. Love it.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
He did an an interview with some radio guys and one of hosts dad calls in because he is a huge Cowboys fan. It might have been with the guys from LA. Garret was really funny.
It was Mason and Ireland on ESPN LA, fun interview. He came off very well.