Twitter: Jason Garrett PC 08/07/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 47m
Garrett said they respect Brandon Moore's decision to retire.
Garett says injuries are the biggest concern at guard, which is why they tried to sign Moore. They would rather keep Frederick at center
Garrett talking interior line. Asked if a year at guard would set Frederick back in development at center. Says doesn't want to speculate.
Garrett says Bernadeau has been rusty since returning to practice.
Garrett is gushing about Brian Waters, but points out Waters hasn't played in 18 months.
Garrett just agreed with me that Dan Bailey does his job as well as anyone on the team. He is Mr. Consistency.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 43m
Bernardeau is rusty, took him half the season to get going last year. It's an urgent situation now

Nirvana

Reaction score
The problem with Waters is the likelihood of him being ready to go against the Giants next month is not very good. That said, I hope he signs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The problem with Waters is the likelihood of him being ready to go against the Giants next month is not very good. That said, I hope he signs.

I would agree if they do not make the move within the next couple days. Right now we still have 4 pre season games to go and more camp to go. Being a vet it would not take long to get himself ready.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Of course Bernie is rusty, but he still has plenty of time to knock the cobwebs out.

Reaction score

Remember though that we traded for Cook last year a week before the start of the regular season and he was able to jump in quickly when Costa went down against NY. (Though the rest of the season is a different story).

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Keep Bern at guard and make him play longer in each pre-season game to start knocking the rust off.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Of course Bernie is rusty, but he still has plenty of time to knock the cobwebs out.

I really don't think that's what Garrett was implying by saying he was "rusty." I think "rusty" means Bernie is playing like a fat POS. I also think that when Garrett says it's an urgent situation now, Bernie should take that to mean he is wearing very thin on the staff and may be gone sooner rather than later.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I agree that to me it sounds more like Red Ball was giving Bernie his final warning.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You're assuming he has talent. He does not have much. I want him at most as a backup. If he's starting against the Giants, it will be worrisome.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree that to me it sounds more like Red Ball was giving Bernie his final warning.

You just might be right, and with Garrett gushing about Waters, it sounds like maybe he is plan B. It is funny though how much a year can hurt OL especially if they aren't keeping up with all their weight training and protein intake.

When Denver lost their centers, people mentioned Jeff Saturday....who joked he didn't think anyone wanted a 230 lb center....he has probably lost 50-60 lbs of bulk in just over a year's time.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Keep Bern at guard and make him play longer in each pre-season game to start knocking the rust off.

Or they can, you know, cut him and quit wasting time. Why waste reps and preseason time if this guy isn't going to be around? Cut his fat backside, he stole money from the organization.
You just might be right, and with Garrett gushing about Waters, it sounds like maybe he is plan B. It is funny though how much a year can hurt OL especially if they aren't keeping up with all their weight training and protein intake.

When Denver lost their centers, people mentioned Jeff Saturday....who joked he didn't think anyone wanted a 230 lb center....he has probably lost 50-60 lbs of bulk in just over a year's time.

The smart ones realize that it they maintain their playing weight (or worse, watch that muscle turn into pure fat), they will significantly shorten their lives. I'm sure that's why guys like Nate Newton and Leon Lett slimmed down so much.