Jason Garrett: Rudy of coaching

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Most of you might have watched Rudy movie. Is Jason Garrett the Rudy of coaching. Everyone told him he was not good for coaching, but 15 years down the lane winning a SB as an underdog and the team carting off Garrett on their shoulders would be a photo moment for Cowboys fans.

Another bit of trivia: Cowboys could have fired Jason Garrett after 2015 season where Cowboys went 4-12, hired Doug Pederson, draft Carson Wentz by moving up 2 spots and also got Nick Foles as FA. Had Dez in place of Alshon Jeffery, and other free agents and trades such as Ajayi.

Those moves would have changed 2 franchises completely, Eagles dont win a SB and Cowboys would have been on the brink of one.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn’t have pursued nor attracted a HC like Pedersen. He’s not the puppet type.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As far as the “ Rudy” anology I don’t think most of his critics would give credit to Garrett if we win a championship.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand any of this. I don't get the Rudy analogy and hiring Peterson and Wentz wouldn't have been enough. We would also need that Eagirls defense and Ertz.

Not only that but after Garrett went 4-12 he went 13-3 and Peterson missed the playoffs.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Most of you might have watched Rudy movie. Is Jason Garrett the Rudy of coaching. Everyone told him he was not good for coaching, but 15 years down the lane winning a SB as an underdog and the team carting off Garrett on their shoulders would be a photo moment for Cowboys fans.

Another bit of trivia: Cowboys could have fired Jason Garrett after 2015 season where Cowboys went 4-12, hired Doug Pederson, draft Carson Wentz by moving up 2 spots and also got Nick Foles as FA. Had Dez in place of Alshon Jeffery, and other free agents and trades such as Ajayi.

Those moves would have changed 2 franchises completely, Eagles dont win a SB and Cowboys would have been on the brink of one.
he's more like Lennie Small of "Mice and Men".

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Methinks you’re off base as to why the Eagles are actually good.

Oh, and also with the Rudy comparison thing.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand any of this. I don't get the Rudy analogy and hiring Peterson and Wentz wouldn't have been enough. We would also need that Eagirls defense and Ertz.

Not only that but after Garrett went 4-12 he went 13-3 and Peterson missed the playoffs.
Year 2015, Cowboys go 4-12. In the offseason, Eagles hire Pederson. If we fired Garrett, we could have got Pederson in the same offseason.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm not following any of this. Hypotheticals are a waste of time. Fact is we're still in persuit of #6.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we’re using movie analogies, isn’t Garrett more like Pinocchio than Rudy?

Jerry wants his HC to be an inspirational Pinocchio. He’s wooden, still has the puppet strings, but he can frequently throw out some kind of pseudo-inspirational mantra like “fight”.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I do not understand the comparison.

Rudy had to fight for everything he got

Garret was handed the reins of the most popular franchise in sports (that matter) ....... and has kept it even after a decade of failure

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Garret was handed the reins of the most popular franchise in sports (that matter) ....... and has kept it even after a decade of failure

He's been the head coach 7 1/2 years. A decade is 10 years.

Just to be accurate...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Garret was handed the reins of the most popular franchise in sports[/QUOTE]

He wasn't the head coach until midway of the 2010 season, being the offensive coordinator isn't who holds the reins of the franchise, it's the head coach...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He wasn't the head coach until midway of the 2010 season, being the offensive coordinator isn't who holds the reins of the franchise, it's the head coach...

Well you butchered that attempt at quoting ...... and I assume you were not watching the team then ..... because Wade admitted that he ran the defense and Garrett was in charge of the offense ........the fix was in the minute Jerry Hired Garrett first and paid him more than Wade.