Jason Hatcher: Very Impressive

Reaction score
I think Fasano has looked pretty good, especially for a rookie. He has made several outstanding blocks out of the backfield, and will continue to get better in the passing game. A lot of that depends on Bledsoe's confidence in him, and that will come with time.

Carp will be just fine. He didn't show that much at Ohio St. his first 1 1/2 years, then really came on. What make him stand out is his work ethic, & his will to compete. With that & all of his intangibles, he will be starting by the end of the year, first of next year-max.

Just watching Hatcher's tape from college got me excited. He is a specimen who just keeps coming. I watched him run down RBs & QBs on the tape, & those guys are pretty fast, no matter what level. So far, he's made the most of his chances, and that's all you can ask for.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I kind of see him on the same path as Marion Barber last year, who struggled a bit early on, then just looked like he had been in the league for a few years around week 5 or so.
That's the player I've though about in regards to Carpenter. Parcells said many times that Barber was very prepared for the pro game and turned out to be an extremely well-rounded and solid player, but the first few weeks of camp and the preseason he was totally lost.

IMO, after a few bumps along the way the light will come on for Carpenter and he'll be our jack ILB for a long time.

mwj473

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Carp will be just fine. He didn't show that much at Ohio St. his first 1 1/2 years, then really came on. What make him stand out is his work ethic, & his will to compete. With that & all of his intangibles, he will be starting by the end of the year, first of next year-max.

Just curious, if he is starting, who is sitting?

Ellis
Ware
Akin
James

MACHIAVELLI

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Just watching Hatcher's tape from college got me excited. He is a specimen who just keeps coming. I watched him run down RBs & QBs on the tape, & those guys are pretty fast, no matter what level. So far, he's made the most of his chances, and that's all you can ask for.

Totally agree.

Eddie

Reaction score
Fasano looks lost blocking out of the lead I. Unfortunately, that's still a FB position and BP's insistence on using TE's as FB's is going to hurt us.

As for Skylar Green ... that's why you don't ever draft for Special Teams.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Fasano has just been ok so far, but there's nothing wrong with that. Two of the most difficult transitions from college to the NFL are for offensive linemen and receivers. As a TE Fasano has to do a little bit of both so it's expected that he won't immediately be a star. All he really needs to do this year is be a decent blocker and every once in a while take advantage of the single coverage by a linebacker that he'll probably see most of the year.

jay cee

Reaction score
Eddie said:
As for Skylar Green ... that's why you don't ever draft for Special Teams.
My point exactly, why use a 4th rd pick on this guy when there is always a guy like Reggie Swinton out there you could pick up to return kicks.