Twitter: Jason La Canfora offers out-the-box suggestion for Dak's new deal

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Pro Tip:

If you're this unsure on whether to pay your QB like he is elite or not then you probably shouldn't do it.
Right. They’re sure and he’ll get paid it’s just how long and how much. He wants short term. Boys want long term to save money in the process because if he does win a super bowl he’s going to demand more. holding out becomes possible if he signs the long term deal.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The team ALWAYS loses on these long term mega deals. Either the player is getting overpaid or the player will just hold out. It is as simple as that. The only way the mega deal even starts to make sense is if the player has already accomplished something. At least then you can try to make the case that he is getting paid for what he has already done. We were 8-8 last year. What the hell are we doing here.

conner01

Reaction score
Pro Tip:

If you're this unsure on whether to pay your QB like he is elite or not then you probably shouldn't do it.
I don’t think it’s has anything to do with being unsure
It’s about structure and years
The team wants long term which means they don’t have to pay soon as they know QB contracts will continue to soar
He wants another bite at the Apple soon

Loso86

Reaction score
Lol no way this dude is signing a 10 year deal. He doesnt even want a 5 to 6 year deal....wait has the NFL ever had a deal signed for more than 7 years..?

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Pro Tip:

I think they are 95% sure Dak isn’t elite, but the Cowboys live in constant fear of letting someone go and then watching them thrive somewhere else. It’s part of the reason they couldn’t let Garrett go for so long.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The 10-year, $300m contract was floated LAST offseason. Tanenbaum said 10x$40 in December.

It's just stupid for Dak to sign it, because he'd be underpaid after about year 3.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anti-Dakers after hearing this proposal...

x-UA7b1-In-D8z0r-TKKx-G.gif

:lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually really like this deal. It ticks a whole lot of the boxes and in various ways gives everyone involved what they want.

Dak gets guaranteed big money and security, the Cowboys get the long term deal they want.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm not sure why Dallas is so insistent on a long term deal. The length of the deal means almost nothing, just the guaranteed money. If you sign a guy, especially a key player like QB, star WR, or pass-rusher, when his deal doesn't measure up with his value on the market, he comes asking for a raise, and most of the time, you have to give it to him.

Just sign him to a 4 year deal and be done with it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Dallas is so insistent on a long term deal. The length of the deal means almost nothing, just the guaranteed money. If you sign a guy, especially a key player like QB, star WR, or pass-rusher, when his deal doesn't measure up with his value on the market, he comes asking for a raise, and most of the time, you have to give it to him.

Just sign him to a 4 year deal and be done with it.
Dallas is concerned for the same reason this board is concerned.

Shock value at the sticker price.

Verdict

Reaction score
Pro Tip:

This philosophy should have been used in so many situations with the Cowboys.

Verdict

Reaction score
The 10-year, $300m contract was floated LAST offseason. Tanenbaum said 10x$40 in December.

It's just stupid for Dak to sign it, because he'd be underpaid after about year 3.

Depends on the guaranteed money. He may never play the last few years of that deal.

conner01

Reaction score
Depends on the guaranteed money. He may never play the last few years of that deal.
I hate those deals that get so high you have to let the player walk
I’d rather have a real deal that you can walk away in 3-4 years but makes it possible to keep the player if you want