Video: Jason Peters 2021 Highlights

stiletto

Reaction score
In saying this is anyone in agreement we have to go OL in the first two rounds next year in the 2023 draft....am I alone on this one ?

Not just that but they need to sign a GOOD/GREAT FA on the oline. This team is not rebuilding. We have a QB and many other parts for an open window. There is no guarantee once Dak or some of these other young studs are gone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not expecting, or wanting, what's left of 40 year old Jason Peters to walk in and be the starting LT.

I want Tyler Smith to take the job and run with it, because he's part of the future for the Cowboys.

But bringing in Peters as a swing tackle and mentor, for what it would cost and the Cowboys available cap space, it's a no brainer.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I heard on a Cowboy podcast that if you take someone now you have to keep him for so many weeks so maybe it’s wait until Bucs Bengals games are over then risk is not as great in taking literally guys off the street . Peters and some others don’t seem like alot of upside to be honest or they wouldn’t be on the street .

You draft Ball and Waltetzco I’m of the opinion use them before break glass and pull alarm . If these 2 draft picks are not trust worthy why are they on the team ?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Now I understand why Montgomery went off in fantasy last season

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Can't see why anyone would have a problem with this signing. It's a clear upgrade over Tyler at LG.........not even close. Hell, if we can get 15 games from him, I would argue he's an upgrade Tyron too (LOL)
To be fare if you showed Tyron’s highlights from last season you would think he was 2014 Tyron. PFF graded Tyron as the 3rd best linemen in all the NFL last season. Still once Peters gets into shape he will be our best tackle.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Signing Peters automatically gives us more depth at Tackle but also at Guard, even if he only plays Tackle.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
It's amazing how us fans can see talent and ability in Peters that the Bears and
Eagles staff could not.
Makes you wonder why a veteran LT is unemployed??

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Well highlights do look good!

They show you one thing: that he still has it. That highlight reel is actually pretty long. I like the block at the .17 mark.

Can't see why anyone would have a problem with this signing. It's a clear upgrade over Tyler at LG.........not even close. Hell, if we can get 15 games from him, I would argue he's an upgrade Tyron too (LOL)

If you want consistency and continuity like I do, he's definitely an upgrade.

I heard on a Cowboy podcast that if you take someone now you have to keep him for so many weeks so maybe it’s wait until Bucs Bengals games are over then risk is not as great in taking literally guys off the street . Peters and some others don’t seem like alot of upside to be honest or they wouldn’t be on the street .

You draft Ball and Waltetzco I’m of the opinion use them before break glass and pull alarm . If these 2 draft picks are not trust worthy why are they on the team ?

The reason is because we're trying to go on a run this year. And since Waletzko is hurt, and Ball is not ready to go at LT, the only solution was Tyler. But Tyler was playing at LG, where he looked very solid. Watch the whole 7 minutes or so. Those plays go by fast. There's a lot to like about this guy.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would rather see game tape. Not selected plays.
Of course these are his highlights, but you can see how quick and agile he still is, and his knowledge of when to release a block and move on to another block looks top notch.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Of course these are his highlights, but you can see how quick and agile he still is, and his knowledge of when to release a block and move on to another block looks top notch.

Anyone who knows anything at all knows this is an upgrade. Not because Tyler Smith sucks, but because Tyler Smith has the potential to be so good at guard.

You know what you get with this guy if you can keep him healthy.

He gave up a whopping 6 sacks last year.

And he helps you in the run game because Tyler is at guard.