CFZ Jason Peters is a Stud

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone notice after the Sam Williams fumble recovery (should have been a TD BTW).when Sam was on the sideline getting oxygen that Peters was over there giving Sam props? Peters is a great teammate. I also noticed that he looked just fine in pass protection.
Yes, I noticed.

offlimits

Reaction score
Both monitor and phone, depending on where I am.

It's easier to read in what way? Breaking up thoughts into separate paragraphs is easier? Why don't books format their content that way? Did Hunter S.Thompson do that? The only context in which excessive line breaks are used is for proposed legislature and googled recipes. If you could please start including line numbers so I can more easily reference your posts that would be great.

Hunter S. Thompson. Massively overrated. Never got him.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Good thread. I also like that Barr is likely mentoring Damone Clark. Vets that been there, done that are invaluable to have around young players.

Creeper

Reaction score
Peters surprised my with how well he played at LT. I don't know if he can do that for 65 plays but when he was in there he showed he still has a very effective punch. He does not get pushed backwards and in the run game he pushed people around.

I am very concerned that Tyron cannot do that anymore due to all his injuries. Jason Peters at LT and Tyler Smith at LG looked like a very formidable lineup for the Cowboys, at least for a few plays.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Good thread. I also like that Barr is likely mentoring Damone Clark. Vets that been there, done that are invaluable to have around young players.
I don't like that Barr is a progress stopper for Jabril Cox. I think Clark can be an elite mike but Cox could be a really good will with his speed.

I am very concerned that Tyron cannot do that anymore due to all his injuries. Jason Peters at LT and Tyler Smith at LG looked like a very formidable lineup for the Cowboys, at least for a few plays.
Peters has been injured a ton in his career too. Tyron is only 31. He still has 6-10 years left. He'll be fine.

DTK

Reaction score
I was hoping late that they'd put him as an eligible tackle and let him get a TD.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Did anyone notice after the Sam Williams fumble recovery (should have been a TD BTW).when Sam was on the sideline getting oxygen that Peters was over there giving Sam props? Peters is a great teammate. I also noticed that he looked just fine in pass protection.
He was touched when his knee was still on the ground.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’ve gotta offer some credit to the coaching staff. I rip them enough so I’ll be fair…

OL are almost never rotated but they are easing Peters along well….as well as with Tyler at LG.

Ultimately, we are working toward Tyron and Tyler as a full time combo, which could be really fun to watch. Especially with McGovern back to fullback.

Pound that rock.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The guy is 40 years old, helping the team by being a leader to the young guy, obviously. But when he's in the game, he's still an above average player at 40, although I suspect many won't be able to see this.

When Tyler moved to LG, and Peters went to LT, Dak had such a clean pocket on those plays. And Tyler Smith had a beast of a game today.

I would like to see Peters stay in football shape this offseason and come back again next year. I believe he can still play another year, possibly even two more years.

As someone in my 40s myself, who also stays in pretty shape for my age (still run a 4.6 at 46), I have a lot of respect for someone who can play that well at the NFL level at 40 without much, if any, decline.

On top of that, the fact he's so humble and dedicated to this team right now make me really want to see him as a head coach when he retires.

I feel like he's under-appreciated for the value he brings to the team.

Michael Gallup is still my favorite player on the team. But I'd say Peters is a close 2nd...

Really liked this pickup when it happened. And I'm like McDonald's right now, still lovin' it.

Can't wait to see what happens when Tyron enters the picture.

Lastly, anyone doubting whether Tyler Smith can make a seamless transition to flex at LG full-time isn't paying attention.

Guy is a pro bowler, if he's playing LG.
Was highly recognizable when that transition took place, and when Tyron returns which will be soon, it's only going to get better, that should be an exciting development for all Cowboys fans, even those not paying attention.

Entering the final stretch to post season play this OL will be a seriously deep and talented group, and that should be a scary thing considering this team just layed up 54 points last night, and already the highest scoring team currently, or should be after that point total.

I believe firmly that the Eagles are the only road block challenge standing in the way, and outscoring them may be the only solution to beating them, and an even better OL could be the perfect equation.

This is a speed defense and sack contingent, vs the run great when ahead but playing from behind is and will be an issue if opposition is playing with a lead and pounding the running game.

Improving the OL at this point is a luxury that no other contender has, they have what they have at this point but this Cowboys OL will improve and can elevate Daks performance and minimize his bad decisions when given more time, and that's a huge advantage at this point.

We have seen how this entire team feeds when in the lead, it's not smoke and mirrors, everyone plays better on this team and young playmakers start developing quickly like Bland for instance.

There will be the game and we all know its coming where Dak has to play lights out to save the season, and this improving OL will go a very long way in providing that opportunity.

I like our chances.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hit a 4.69 this summer... Barefooted. But I hit it.

I weigh 170, though.

Anyway, it's not really about me; I never even played college football (I'm more of a cyclist nowadays )so my point was that he's playing at 40 as an offensive lineman and it's atypical for fat guys to have a career this long and still be that good.
Lol sure u did

J_Allen

Reaction score
I liked that stunt that he and Smith picked up. Smith pushed one guy to him and he pushed the other guy to Smith and they took them both on.