Jason White signs with TN Titans

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
For all the OU fans who have been asking Why he hasn't got a deal

Another chance
Titans agree to deal with 2003 Heisman winner White
Posted: Thursday May 5, 2005 6:59PM; Updated: Thursday May 5, 2005 6:59PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Jason White is getting another shot at the NFL with the Tennessee Titans.

The 2003 Heisman Trophy winner agreed to terms Thursday on a contract with the Titans. The former Oklahoma quarterback wasn't offered a contract after going through a three-day rookie camp with Kansas City last week.

White went undrafted despite leading the Sooners to the national title game in 2003 and '04. White threw 75 touchdown passes and went 24-3 the past two seasons with Oklahoma.

He finished his college career with 7,922 yards passing and 81 touchdown passes. But his arm strength is considered questionable for the NFL, and he has had major reconstructive surgery on both knees.

The Titans have an opening for the No. 3 quarterback job behind Steve McNair and Billy Volek. White also shares an agent with McNair.

White will be in town for the Titans' first minicamp workout of the offseason on May 17 with three other undrafted free agent quarterbacks: Shane Boyd of Kentucky, Gino Guidugli of Cincinnati and Marcus Randall of LSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/05/05/bc.fbn.titans.white.ap/

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
The guys knees are shot. He's not going to be a precence in TN.

scottsp

Reaction score
Looks like the Titans are this kid's next former club.

tnfan

Reaction score
zorg222 said:
Worst decision the Titans have ever made.

LOL.. don't you think that is alittle dramatic? He can be cut after training camp and it will have not hurt them at all.

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
For all the OU fans who have been asking Why he hasn't got a deal

Another chance
Titans agree to deal with 2003 Heisman winner White
Posted: Thursday May 5, 2005 6:59PM; Updated: Thursday May 5, 2005 6:59PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Jason White is getting another shot at the NFL with the Tennessee Titans.

The 2003 Heisman Trophy winner agreed to terms Thursday on a contract with the Titans. The former Oklahoma quarterback wasn't offered a contract after going through a three-day rookie camp with Kansas City last week.

White went undrafted despite leading the Sooners to the national title game in 2003 and '04. White threw 75 touchdown passes and went 24-3 the past two seasons with Oklahoma.

He finished his college career with 7,922 yards passing and 81 touchdown passes. But his arm strength is considered questionable for the NFL, and he has had major reconstructive surgery on both knees.

The Titans have an opening for the No. 3 quarterback job behind Steve McNair and Billy Volek. White also shares an agent with McNair.

White will be in town for the Titans' first minicamp workout of the offseason on May 17 with three other undrafted free agent quarterbacks: Shane Boyd of Kentucky, Gino Guidugli of Cincinnati and Marcus Randall of LSU.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/05/05/bc.fbn.titans.white.ap/

Hope the guy catches on. It's a shame when talent is reduced or robbed by an injury.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
tnfan said:
LOL.. don't you think that is alittle dramatic? He can be cut after training camp and it will have not hurt them at all.

He is not worth taking up space at TC, that's how crappy he is.

and yes, I can get a little dramatic at times.:D

OILERMAN

Reaction score
There is no guarantee White even makes it to training camp. The Titans have 6 QBs on their roster right now and White was the last one signed.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
zorg222 said:
He is not worth taking up space at TC, that's how crappy he is.

and yes, I can get a little dramatic at times.:D

Must be a UT fan. :D Yes, your hate is showing.

White had a fairy tale college career. I wish him nothing but the best. I certainly wont come in here and bash on the kid because he is not catching on w/ some NFL club because of injury. You dont win the damn Heisman 1 year and almost win it the second because you suck. Which is how you want folks to see White now. Its all good tho.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
I guess this does it for all of those who said Jason White wasn't even good enough to sign a FA contract. :rolleyes:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Has he made a regular season roster?

That's what I thought.:jerk:

ghst187

Reaction score
Drew Henson has more NFL talent in his throwing arm than White does in his entire body.
White won't catch on. He was an ideal system guy surrounded by amazing college talent. He's not real intelligent and not very strong-armed. I actually thought his knees looked solid last season but he's definitely not an NFL talent.
Heupel was exponentially smarter and a better college QB than White and Heupel lasted about 10 days in the league.
And this from an OU alum...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Did he sign a FA contract?

;)

Show me where I said he wouldn't, perhaps you imagined that like me saying I'm an intern.:rolleyes: